Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs

It's like a normal world, only weirder. Now with 100% more poetry!
Old

Wanting to be.

Posted 02-22-2015 at 04:44 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)

I'm not currently as sad as I was during the time I wrote this about. This is written about the memory of how I felt about a month and a half ago.

Part One: Wanting to be.

The coarse throat course
cracks concrete walls.
Cable creaks tie,
turn electricity whip.
I'll stand alone
beneath darkened light
my eyes couldn't burn,
nor ignite a sigh.

I wanted to be,
I wanted clean air,
I wanted you, your...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

What does the Dom get?

Posted 02-15-2015 at 04:40 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)

Cleri asked me an interesting question recently when she asked me what a Dom gets out of an online play session. It's one of those where you initially think there are loads of responses, but for a moment I was actually a little stumped.

What do I get out of my play sessions with Cleri? The first thing I thought of was companionship. I hit a low patch in my life when Uni ended. I had lost a lot of friends and someone quite amazing in my life. I feel at home far less able to express my kinky...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

How much power does the Sub actually hold?

Posted 02-15-2015 at 01:19 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)
Updated 02-15-2015 at 03:00 PM by An_Jon

I find the notion that Subs hold all of the power in a D/s relationship hilarious. Sure, they can stop proceedings at any moment should they decide that they've had enough - but so can the Dom. The Dominant being willing and able is equally as important as the Submissive giving them the green light. Plus, once you start to gain a deeper understanding of your partner's limits and turn-ons the frequency of red-lights should, in theory, drop to zero.

Any decent D/s couple should have a safeword....
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

On Respect and Entitlement

Posted 02-04-2015 at 05:10 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)
Updated 02-05-2015 at 10:03 AM by An_Jon

*Deep breath*

Chances are I don't respect you. There's a big chance that I'll treat you with all of the kindness you deserve, but if you're reading this and we've never spoken then I don't respect you. That's not to say that I'll never respect you, just that we haven't reached that point in our relationship yet.

Recently I've been noticing an increase in discussions about respect, and I thought I'd post my extended thoughts on that term rather than merely comment on the...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Writing task #8 - Alien Abduction.

Posted 01-31-2015 at 06:04 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)

Part #8 of the slightly delayed writing task series. This one submitted by TheKidWithSkills. It's about an alien abduction when I have to beg her not to experiment on me. Here's the thread if you have any to contribute yourself: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=206199

"What do I call you?"

Jon trembled on the silver operating table. Consoles set up in an arc around him bleeped and whizzed and the only other life form on board skipped around the theater...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Lifestyle changes #2 - How it's going.

Posted 01-28-2015 at 05:20 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)

A while ago I posted my hopes for the new year. About how I'd like to be and things I felt I needed to address in my life. As part of my ongoing motivation to keep these changes going I'm posting how it's going. Basically, I feel that if I make these things public I'll be more inclined to carry them on.

Become fitter/bigger.

I feel it's going well. I've started to look forward to the gym and the gradual improvement that comes with it. I think that I'm starting to see results,...
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Annoyances.

Posted 01-23-2015 at 06:15 PM by An_Jon (Jon's World.)
Updated 01-24-2015 at 03:20 AM by An_Jon

This is a blog about words, phrases, and actions which annoy ME. I'm not saying they're universally bad, evil, annoying, or even wrong. Please, if any of these things either don't annoy you or you actually say/do them then don't be butthurt. Also, don't take it personally. This is my blog, and my life. I'm not having a go at you or your lifestyle. That is all.

Some of these come from interactions with real people who have ended up rubbing off on me the wrong way. Others, well, I don't
Distinguished Member
Posted in Uncategorized