Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Dare861

Rate this Entry

Name change and things

Posted 01-01-2011 at 02:58 PM by Dare861

So, I would hope that if you're reading this blog, you'd have noticed that I've changed my getDare name from DareDude861 to Dare861.

The reason for this is simple. For the past few months, bordering on a year, I have been hiding the fact that I am transgendered from getDare. This was causing me stress and making me lose interest in the site. I've decided I can no longer hide who I am.

What the hell does "Transgender" mean?

It can mean a few things. In this case, it means although I am physically male, I identify emotionally and mentally as a female.

I see myself as a woman. I have for a long time, but I haven't said anything except for a select few.

Eventually, I intend to transition, through Hormone replacement therapy and eventually surgery.

I no longer wish to hide this from my friends on getDare. Hiding it in my daily life (as I have not yet begun transitioning) is enough.

If you've any questions, feel free to PM me and I'll do my best to explain further.

- Dare861
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5025 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Well however you are Dare we always will love you Thanks for telling us :3. Btw add me on msn (ill pm you the screenname since I have been having security problems lately).
  2. Old Comment
    yes Whoever the real dare is getDare will always love you!
  3. Old Comment
    Thats whats good about this community though, there isnt much that isn't accepted. I give you much props for having the courage to come to terms with yourself and tell everyone. Best of luck to you dare
  4. Old Comment
    Glad for you comming out <3 Be strong, be safe, and be happy. That is all. Do whatever the fuck you like, just don't regret. That is all. You only live once, so why bother what the hell other people think? That is all. I think you'd make an awesome female =P That is all.
  5. Old Comment
    Thank you, everyone, for your support. <3