Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AbusiveMaster

Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.

Follow-up

Posted 04-26-2017 at 03:29 PM by AbusiveMaster
Updated 04-26-2017 at 03:38 PM by AbusiveMaster

Recently I wrote a rather cryptic thank-you blog to my Icy and my Hearty. Between one thing and another, life has been rather shitty lately.

Normally when this happens, I retreat into myself, a self imposed isolation for however long it takes to process whatever is going on, lasting from a few hours to a week or two, depending. Of course, I have responsibilities in life that I can't avoid, but other than those I can lose myself in a book or films or binge watch TV for literally days at a time, pausing only to eat, excrete and sleep.

But as I said above, I do have responsibilities. One (or two, depending on how you count it) is to be there for my girls. It would be wrong and hurtful for me to abandon them. I cannot and will not do that. As such, even when I feel myself ready to wallow in misery, I drag myself online to spend time with my beautiful girls. This responsibility carries its own inherent reward. Spending time with my girls, in and of itself, alleviates a lot of the bad in my life.

They are fun, funny, cute, bright. Just being around them makes me smile, helps me forget the bad stuff for a while, and makes it easier to deal with when I have to return to it.

They are also thoughtful, considerate and loving. Knowing what i am going through, they have both gone out of their way to cheer me up, to make me smile. One of the boxes on our infamous "Deal or no deal" game has been for them both to record me a song each. Songs that neither of them wanted to sing, songs that would cause much blushing and embarassment. They have quite strenuously avoided this box for quite some time.

Tonight I was randomly sent a video over skype. This happens reasonably regularly, and I was expecting a recording anyway, so I gave the matter not much thought. Opening the video, I was presented with Icy singing the song of her own free will. It was fun and funny. I started smiling and ended laughing. Soon after, I was sent a second video. I expected this to be the one I was waiting for, and again gave the matter no thought. Opening it, my Hearty also sang to me. I am not surprised very often. I was tonight, twice.

My girls have literally changed my life. Instead of hiding myself from the world when things go wrong, I have them to help make things right.

Like legit.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 987 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment

Hugs & Hugs & Hugs & More Hugs
  2. Old Comment