Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Lokelake's I don't know

Rate this Entry

Christianity, Judaism, Islam

Posted 04-15-2010 at 07:50 PM by lokelake

Do they all believe in the same God? I pondered this question for quite some time. I think they do. What does the rest of you think?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1515 Comments 6
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 6

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Obviously.........
  2. Old Comment
    Christians and Jews both believe in Adonai, God. But Jews reject the divinity of Christ and the Trinity.

Muslims believe in Allah. They way he is described in the Koran and the way Adonai is described in the Bible make them almost opposites.

So I think technically you could say that Christians and Jews believe in the same God, but not Muslims.
  3. Old Comment
    Muslims believe in the same God as Christians/Jews. Muslims just believe that the Bible & Torah are "tainted" words of God. But it is the same God. That is why they all share the same Prophets etc. but there are variations in certain stories.
  4. Old Comment
    If you read what the Koran says about who Allah is and what the Bible says about who Adonai is, they are two very different beings. Even if the Muslims falsely believe that they are serving the "same" god.

Sure, Muhammad borrowed names and stories from the Bible to create his religion, but he made up his own god.
  5. Old Comment
    Ooooooooh, I have read the Qur'an being a Muslim. We can spend all day arguing back & forth but it is the same God.

If you have read it then you will see that the Qur'an refers to Christians & Jews as "People of the Book". A quote:

Verily! Those who believe and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in God and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve . [Qur'an 2:62]

I think your post is more of a opinion than a fact. It is widely accepted and acknowledged that Christianity, Judiasm and Islam have the same "God".
  6. Old Comment
    My understanding is that Allah is is the Muslim word for God.

Christianity and Judaism also has a word for God.