Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > AbusiveMaster

Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average.

Blogjacking.

Posted 09-08-2017 at 03:45 AM by AbusiveMaster

I love the blogs section of GD, for the most part. I have even occasionally spewed my own ramblings out on here trying to describe them as wisdom. Whether it is fantasy, reporting, or solid BDSM advice, there are a LOT of quality blogs on this site, and a good supply of quality bloggers.

But, of course, I do have a gripe. I wouldn't be me if I didn't complain. What gets me is - as the title states - blogjacking. Hijacking a blog and either commenting so randomly or off topic that the purpose of the blog is entirely lost, or using someone else's platform to espouse your own agenda. These things irritate me a lot.

The soloution is really quite simple. If you have a decent comment or something to add to someone else's blog, I know most bloggers really appreciate the feedback. If you are going to detract from the quality or point of the message - and you have something you feel it is vital that you say - write your own blog on the matter.

Rant over.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1813 Comments 7
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 7

Comments

1. Old Comment
    So what I hate the most about blogs is not enough gD members contribute. I love reading reports and advice of others. I truly enjoy reading rants too; they make me giggle.
    I really wish the blog tab had sections so people could post their PM dare blogs and likes and limits list in a separate area, as they're not really blogs as lists people need to link to their profiles.
    I try my best to blog at least once a month, it's my own personal goal. Imagine the amount of wonderful or not so wonderful but still funny content we could have added to the site if every active member blogged at least once a month.

In all seriousness it annoys me a lot when members do this too like it's not hard to just write your own blog on a shared topic.
  2. Old Comment
    I agree wholeheartedly, but now onto MY blog post which is linked below.. just kidding. It's really discouraging when you put your all into a blog and you don't receive feed back, but it's definitely worse to have someone use your writing as a platform to get more views for their own threads, blogs, and profiles. The people who write well thought out blogs deserve better.

Also, I agree with heart, I would love to implement blog tabs for different topics! The chat and the blog area are my favorite portions of the site so I love seeing them both active.
  3. Old Comment
    Technically, theres this subforum for such lists, but with how hidden it is, blogs are used for it much more.

I do agree that the "clutter" in the blog list is annoying, mostly because it quickly drowns out older "real" blog entries.
  4. Old Comment
    Ouch, i feel a bit adressed given an earlier comment. I can assure you i have no intent of stealing a blog. With my last comment in fact i was in some doubt.
    But...
    Just saying "good job" i would see as a bit boring, not doing Justice to the blog. Telling thoughts the blog triggered i would see as "interesting".

At the end, i think its a fine line between having a contentfull comment versus going completely off-topic.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaurasStar View Comment
    Technically, theres this subforum for such lists, but with how hidden it is, blogs are used for it much more.

I do agree that the "clutter" in the blog list is annoying, mostly because it quickly drowns out older "real" blog entries.
    The reason people don't use that subforum is because they cannot edit their lists after a super short amount of time. Hopefully in the future we will see that fixed, as I too would rather have sub categories for blogs.

It is my love for the blog section that has made me monitor it more closely the past few months and anything that has a place in the forums, and that isn't designed to be linked in a signature, I have been trying to remove it and ask the owner to repost in the proper forum.

Now that I have taken care of my own agenda ... I guess I should comment on the actual blog. Well said AM. You know from privat3 discussions that I find this particular issue infuriating and rude. When I write a blog, and somebody posts comments without even addressing the topic I discussed or to only respond to their friend or partner, it is rude and discouraging.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sir sam View Comment
    Ouch, i feel a bit adressed given an earlier comment. I can assure you i have no intent of stealing a blog. With my last comment in fact i was in some doubt.
    But...
    Just saying "good job" i would see as a bit boring, not doing Justice to the blog. Telling thoughts the blog triggered i would see as "interesting".

At the end, i think its a fine line between having a contentfull comment versus going completely off-topic.
    We all go off topic sometimes and if you start with saying something like, great writing or I agree with you etc. Then I think people take less offence. And of course if it brings up other related topics that are interesting, I think that is awesome too. I love when a blog can turn into a discussion, as long as the discussion is closely related. For example, if you wrote about denial and I commented about how I prefer chastity devices, that it an ok tangent. If I started to babble on about how pegging is fun, it might be better for me to just start my own blog since it isn't really related.

Or even worse, if I don't comment on your writing at all, but instead I only respond to Jaro or start to assign him tasks without acknowledging you or your topic.
  7. Old Comment
    I agree for the most part. Indeed, it can be annoying when you've taken the time to write a blog and someone knowingly goes off on a tangent.

I've had it happen to me too, with blogs I've written. Though I don't mind it so much when the person doing it is someone who is normally a serious contributer. It may be done for fun, as a joke. Which again, I don't mind when the person doing it is normally serious. It could also be because someone had misunderstood the intention of the blog that was written.

Sometimes asking for clarification helps. Or simply telling someone you don't like it. It could clear up an honest misunderstanding and may even prevent someone from doing it on the future.

If a person knowingly, repeatedly does do this. Yes, I would be annoyed as well.