Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Oreo and her world of Cream!

Twist'er
Lick'er
Dunk'er

Your favorite Oreo cookie!
Rate this Entry

Sheer Anger.(Ignorance yet again)

Posted 08-11-2008 at 09:54 AM by oreo_is_back
Updated 08-11-2008 at 10:30 AM by oreo_is_back

Now before I start I want to apologize. Apologize on my own behalf for venting on this site. I know people on this site are quite young, so will understand where I am coming from when I post this, but it's not a direct attack. It's for adults which think children are -NOT- equals.
This will be a long blog, so you can stop reading now if you wish. Recently, as a few of you know I turned 18, age of 'majority'. From child into adult. But I still have a young mind, young at heart. Still a daddy's girl and love teddy bears? XD Lulz,beside the point! I joined Kinktalk, and a thread caught my eye 'Underaged chatters'. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to post it, but I am willing to take any hits for it. I just want people to understand. If i'm in the wrong for posting this, I am truly sorry, but I need to get it off my chest. I will post most of the things and explain after.

yvonnewilcox's

Recently I have heard of a lot of arrests because internet chatters are chatting with underage chatters. I do not think it is fair that you can get arrested for chatting with someone that is under 18. Really!!!!?Huh How can you tell how someone really is when you are just chatting with them online. Sure you can read their profile which said they are 21 years old and sure you get their picture in your email box that was not a picture of them.
Now the kid is dead because they offline with some crazy person and they check the computer and there it is, you IM's and emails. Now you are being investigated as a child molestor.

OreoTwist
What happens when the chatters know full well of their age but still proceed in chatting to a child of 14? 13 even?
I know when I first came online, I was 12-13. And I told people full well of my age, but they still wanted to talk to me. Infact my age seemed to turn 'weirdo's' on. Explain that one. No one is in the right. I was wrong for chatting to people 20+ but they knew better and full well of my age. You cannot critisize a child.
I'm sure,aye, they know the difference between right and wrong. But there is no wrong in -TALKING-, and only talking. But there is an injustice in a male of 27 or 30 wanting a child to go on cam and 'strip'. or do intimiate things knowing full well of their age.

yvonnewilcox's
Well there is nothing wrong with talking BUT there is not a lot of things a grown person can talk to a child online about without crossing the line.

OreoTwist
One of my best friends (online) is about 30+ and I started talking to him when I was 14-15. Never, not ONCE have we talked intimately. We use to engage in religious conversation, conversations about life. And indeed he would even help me. And he would never and has never asked me for anything in turn. There is plenty an adult can talk about with a child and not get intimate. That is BS. I have known my friend for four years now, and he's still my friend.
I don't understand how you can say that. It's quite ignorant.

yvonnewilcox's
I am glad you found one person to talk to a child without crossing the line but just like we say about Michael Jackson children needs to be supervised about growns. You do not have to be rude, remember this is friendly discussions. Everyone have the right to their opinion. I still say people that relate to children as members of their peers are people with low expectations of who they are as an adult. The person you talk to must have a child like mind and the way you called me ignorant because I have an opinion doesn't say much for you either.

Please get over it. This is a discussion why bring negative words like ignorant? I would never never allow my daughter to talk to so called nice men online. I will teach her that she is a child and should enjoy her childhood by learning to converse with children on a child's level. This is why women are not virgins by the time they get 18 years old. Come on people let children develop into an adult naturally they will learn better respect for others.
---------------------------------------------
[I kinda understand what she means, but I must beg to differ, children WILL be children, and the majority of children disobey. It's apart from growing up. So untill she has children, she cannot really say how they will turn out. Like smoking (Bad example) Tell a child not to do something,they will do it. Educating a child is better then threatning a child so they KNOW what they're getting in too. AS I said, a child will be a child.]
--------------------------------------------
OreoTwist
To note, I wasn't being rude, just saying. Interruprt things how you will,it's text, but sorry if it came off as rudeness. XD. To note again, we live in the naughties, past 2000. Children grow up way too fast,indeed. Just look on a corner street, you'll find a 8-9 year old hanging with 16-17 year olds. Now that, in it's own sense -could- be considered wrong. A child could pick up on certain things, a teenager may do. Knife crime for example,drugs, ASBO's etc. Then again where a person lives can have an impact. Also how a child is braught up, or whom they hang with. Basic things can have an impact on a child to drive them too or away from the internet. Being understood and taken seriously, having their oppinions heard. Just because they are a child, doesn't mean, in any way shap or form they do not -feel.- A child will do what he/she wants, with permission or without. To -Learn.-Ok. Enough maternal instincts from me. Scary. XD Moving on.

Quote:
This is why women are not virgins by the time they get 18 years old.
Are you characterising -ALL- females? I mean i'm a female,18 and a virgin. I know a few female virgins infact my age.

Quote:
I am glad you found one person to talk to a child without crossing the line but just like we say about Michael Jackson children needs to be supervised about growns
A child can be taught over and over again, but it's like smoking (Bad example,maybe?) You tell a child not to do something, they will go ahead and do it. I'm sure many people at a certain age went through the 'rebellion' stage.

I will teach her that she is a child and should enjoy her childhood by learning to converse with children on a child's level.

When is a child not a child,Miss? I agree with you about the -teaching.- But it is -how- you teach a child. It's basic education. Allow the child to know the wrongs of a certain situation, educate them in what could happen, so the knowledge is always there. I understand not all chidlren are the same, but the majority will go ahead and do certain things, or -try- certain things.

Quote:
I would never never allow my daughter to talk to so called nice men online.
There is more then one way to skin a cat,Miss. No parent can watch a child 24/7. I'm sure they would like too mind. Comes back to the question, when is a child not a child?

Quote:
I still say people that relate to children as members of their peers are people with low expectations of who they are as an adult.
I must beg to differ. Do we all not breath and think, bleed and feel? A child is still a person. This is one reason why a child may turn to the internet in the first place. To be talked too as an individual, not a person of lower being because of their age restriction.

Quote:
The person you talk to must have a child like mind.
<----Is that a personal attack?
I was a very mature 14 year old, as were people I knew in person. If I did not tell him my age, I could of gotten away with being 17 at best, maybe 18. Judgemental I think that quote is. =(

Maybe people will not like what I have to say, but only -just- turning 18 I still have a view of a 'child' as my lovely lady put it. Maybe not a young child, but I still harbour strong feelings about certain aspects. I see things at both ends of the spectrum. Adult and child. And now I think I understand why people take up a job as 'Youth workers'.
Anyway, no offense was intended by this, just education. =)

Once again I am extremely sorry for posting this, but this person has made me so angry, i'm near foaming at the mouth. (Pictures a stick person smashing up a keyboard )
I don't know why i'm so angry about it, I guess I feel strongly about it and don't know how to express myself. But this is the reason why children come online to try and find someone to relate to them, as PEOPLE and not some lower class creature. Is it me or is it sheer ignorance?

Posted in Uncategorized
Views 4411 Comments 10
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 10

Comments

1. Old Comment
    i agree with you entirely,especially in the UK you ae an adult at 16 now. and this doe snot mean some people mature early.

I work at a bank in my spare time when not studying and i can tell you there are a large majority of "younger" people who are more switched on than adults about nearly everything, just becase of the level of education these days.
  2. Old Comment
    Thank you! Dude, I can't believe I am breaking the limit on the internet! If I could meet this person I would give'em a peice of my mind.. i'm trying to be nice so I don't get banned, but this is sheer ignorance. And she refuses to learn! AH! ZOMG! I need to go hike and do something. Lulz. Getting pissed off with a screen. LULZ XD
  3. Old Comment
    Hmmmmmmmm.

You can generally find out a persons age by just speaking with them. Of course if you are starting with the intentions of getting in the "child's" panties then you're screwed from the start.

I've met a fair few people online, including one of my exs and it wasn't "Ha get naked" from the first conversation. We actually spoke for a few months before meeting and the rest if history. i.e I never started speaking to her with "bad" intentions.

I've spoken with other people and recognised straight away that they are not whom they are either by age/sexuality. I wouldn't approach them anyway with "bad" intentions from the start but after speaking with them, you can see who they really are.

So no I don't agree with the "Zomg, you can't realise how old a person is over the net" or "You can't have a clean conversation with a minor". What the hell is that about? I speak with my niece (10) all the time and none of it is dirty. Someone I know online is 16 now but she was 14 when I met her and I never spoke anything remotely "dirty" to her.
    Updated 08-11-2008 at 01:30 PM by Pingu
  4. Old Comment
    Thank you! Exacly! She tried saying my friend 'Has a mind of a child' for talking to me. That's just stupidity.
  5. Old Comment
    Nitpicking: "child" or "child-like" is really not the best term to use in these situations, as even a cursory glance at almost any major psychological school of thought will tell you that the psychology of children, adults, and adolescents is each a unique subset with markedly different concerns and tendencies in it. In short, children generally do not operate like adolescents who generally do not operate like adults.

Obviously even the most mature adolescent is not going to think exactly like an adult. Hell, I am of the personal opinion that one does not fully qualify as more than a "young adult" until they are a fair ways into their twenties.

Now, these varying mindsets aside, a few other points: maturity is not tied to age in a strict correlation. There are plenty of adolescents more mature than some adults.

If they think there are no 18-year old virgins they are damn wrong. Simple as that.

If they thin there are no topics for a child or an adolescent to discuss with an adult than they are damn wrong. Simple as that.

The fact that the minor/adult cut-off is 18 is....a legal necessity. Some teens are mature and responsible well before 18, some well after. But the law needs a clear, bright standard that can fairly be applied universally, hence 18.

If they think it is inappropriate for children and adolescents to have appropriate (read: not pedo) relationships with non-parental adults then they really need to take a look at some of the scholarship on child and adolescent psychology that has come out in the last fifty years. Generally speaking, relationships with adults and young adults not their parents are highly beneficial to the development of a child and especially an adolescent.
    Posted 08-11-2008 at 01:13 PM by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles is offline
  6. Old Comment
    AYE! Whatever he said above! Meph-Will,teach me your ways. =( =D
  7. Old Comment
    Sadly, my teaching services are in great demand and thus highly priced. :P
    Posted 08-11-2008 at 09:45 PM by Mephistopheles Mephistopheles is offline
  8. Old Comment
    I shall pay you in cookies! Original Oreo's! Can't beat'em!
  9. Old Comment
    oo cookies i want one!!
    (to the point now)
    i am 18
    i have always just said i was older on any site when i was young because i hated being treated like a child!!
    but yes that thread also caught my attention on kinktalk
  10. Old Comment
    M'hm. I'm not sure if it is a female to be honest. The majority of females wouldn't think like that. Well I don't and I know a few others whom don't.