Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

A Magical Day

Posted 05-29-2017 at 02:09 PM by Butterfly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On May 6, I became Mrs. Asslvr (thank goodness that isn't his real last name!). It was the most perfect and magical day ever.

The night before the wedding, Asslvr and I, and some of our friends and family stayed at the hotel that we were getting married at. We had some drinks, ate pizza, played in the pool, relaxed in the hot tub and watched some hockey.

Around 9:30, I said goodnight to my fiance for the last time. I then had a nice relaxing bubble bath in the jacuzzi tub in my suite. My dress was hanging in my room and I found myself staring at it, imagining myself wearing it, putting on my tiara and being a princess. I was so excited.

My 13 year old cousin (one of my junior bridesmaids) slept with me in my king size bed that night. She had traveled from across the country to be with me, and we shared a private and emotional moment together before we had some cuddles and went to sleep.

When I woke up (WAY too early) it was wedding day! I was so excited that I felt like I was going to puke. I had made sure to arrange for breakfast in my room for everybody at the hotel who was staying and for those who were coming to help with set up. After I took some gravol, I managed to eat a few bites and then my mom pulled me aside.

She handed me a letter. A very long letter. It made me bawl! I was really hoping to keep it together and not get all emotional until later in the day, but her words were just so kind and touching, I ugly cried!

After we collected ourselves, we headed to the ballroom to start with the decorations.

I had hired two ladies to come and do the coordinating on the day of the wedding, but they weren't due to arrive for another hour, so we started to do some decorating. So many people had come to help, and by the time the coordinators arrived, we already had all the guest tables decorated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_10155312744501255.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	517

Soon after, the hair stylist arrived so all of us girls went back upstairs to my suite and started to get ready. While we were getting ready, the guys all headed downstairs and helped put up the backdrop and get the head table decorated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	received_10155312743711255.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	518

We spent the morning getting ready and enjoying each others company. We laughed and cried a little (although I think getting out all the emotions that morning helped). I practiced walking down the aisle with the junior bridesmaids as they were both nervous. And I basically just relaxed. I was not stressed out at all. Which was kind of unsettling haha. I was expecting myself to be super stressed out, but I was really calm.

Around 1:00, our makeup and hair was all done and the photographer arrived. Before we put our dresses on, we took some photos of us wearing our matching sweaters (a gift to them from us for being a part of the wedding) and then it was go time.

My maid of honor and mom helped me into my (ginormous!) dress. They laced me up and I was all ready to walk out and show the rest of my bridal party. I felt like a princess. Everybody oohed and aahed when I walked out. I got all blushy. For the first time, I felt a little nervous. But there was no times to be nervous. We took some more photos of all of us girls together, and with my mom and I. And then it was time to go.

Asslvr and I had decided to do a first look. Well to be honest, I decided. I knew that if I wanted to have any chance of getting through the ceremony, I was going to need to see him beforehand. I got into the elevator and my tummy felt like there was a million butterflies in it. I was so anxious and nervous to see him. When the elevator finally arrived in the lobby, I went to step out and .... I was trampled by an entire soccer team! I had to wait in the elevator for them all to clear out, because if they stepped on my dress, I may have killed them. Every time one of them walked past me in the elevator, they starred and made comments. I was super blushy.

Once I was safely off the elevator, my mom walked me part of the way to the front room where I would get to see Asslvr. My mom kissed me on the cheek and I started to get emotional. As I walked closer to him, my heart sped up and I felt tears welling in my eyes. Thankfully I tripped over the carpet and my photographer had to catch me. It helped keep the tears under control.

I could see Asslvr. His back was to me. My prince (with his adorable butt looking stunning in his suit pants) waiting for me. It is a good thing I had on a big poofy dress because if not, I would't have been able to stop myself from running to him. I put my hand on his shoulder. Finally, when the photographer gave the go head, he turned around and I got to look at my prince. He told me I looked beautiful and I believed him.

After a few minutes together, we had to start walking towards the ceremony area. I went into a secret room with my bridesmaids, as the guys went to get ready to walk into the ceremony.

As we sat and waited, I was still very calm. I had no hesitation or anxiousness, this is what I was meant to do. I even remained calm as my boss (who was also our minister) came into the room to ask me if I knew where the rings were. I guess they had got lost somewhere along the way. At this point, nothing could happen to make this day not perfect.

Thankfully the rings were found and we were given the signal to get ready to go down the aisle.

My brother came and met me and as we waited, I could hear "Bless the Broken Road" being played as my bridesmaids started to go down the aisle. Then the flower girl and ring bearer followed.

This is when I started to panic. I have a nervous bladder and as soon as I knew it was our time to go, I felt like I needed to pee. My brother just grabbed my arms and very calmly said "[Butterfly] I love you, but I am not helping you go to the bathroom". And then my music started.

As "A Thousand Years" started to play, my brother and I, arm in arm started to walk towards the aisle. My heart was speeding up and my brother squeezed my arm and turned to me and said "I hate you". I giggled. I thought it was because I was making him walk in front of 100 people, but he turned to me and I saw tears in his eyes. All hope of me keeping it together went out the window as tears welled up in my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Continued here
Views 737 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments