Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 11 votes, 3.91 average.

Why You Think We Participate In D/s Wrongly, And Why We Don't Give A Fuck.

Posted 08-05-2016 at 05:56 PM by IceMaiden
Updated 08-05-2016 at 11:43 PM by IceMaiden

Icy is a brat. This is purely a fact. She calls me names, complains in chat, plays pranks, gets people to send me PM dares.... the list is practically endless.

On top of this, she nags. I mean, really. All I wanted to do tonight was sit and watch TV then go to bed. But nooooo, the spoiled little princess wanted me to co-author a blog with her. So what am I doing? Yeah, this looks like watching TV, doesn't it?

Anyway, I digress. Icy is a brat, that's where I was. It amuses her greatly to call me names, to complain, to have a joke at my expense. This so often leads to people who don't understand the dynamic calling her a bad submissive. Or people think they have earned the right to speak about me the way she does. Both these are untrue, and – as I have been sweetly persuaded into a co-written blog, I will pass over to my girl for the next sentence.

...You'd rather watch TV than spend time with me?! What the fuck. This is why you are a jerk!

So anyway, I'm hanging around in the chat on gD and someone sees me calling AM names. This can range from rude, to mean, to twat, even to saying no fuck off you suck! And the likes.

And I get responses along the lines of "OMG you're such a bad sub!" "You need to be put in your place!" "Why does he even bother with you you're not worth it!" "You are a TERRIBLE sub/slave, shame on you!" "Your Master needs to keep you on a tighter leash!" etcetc.

I'm sure AM will come along to give his response to those sort of messages but here is mine to begin with:

Firstly....who the hell are you? What gives you the right to comment on how I submit or how AM dominates? Let me tell you the answer: NOTHING.

What works for us may not work for others. And guess what? That is OKAY. What really fucks us both off is when you tell one or both of us we are doing it wrong, how we should do it and so on.

I KNOW the line with AM. If I didn't, we wouldn't have lasted over a year now would we? And whilst some people are quite fine to mimic my names or the way I communicate with him etc...most are not. I'm sure you know which category you fall under.

“...You'd rather watch TV than spend time with me?! What the fuck. This is why you are a jerk!”
And she wonders why people call her a bad sub.

This is exactly the sort of attitude that marks her as a disrespectful disgrace, a sham, a false submissive, a waste of my time as a REAL DOMINANT.

These people are quite right to judge a year long relationship over a snippet of conversation in chat. /sarcasm.

I don't see the remarks sent to my girl. She tends to delete them before she even tells me they exist. Once upon a time, they used to actually get to her a little. Oh, don't get me wrong, she always knew they were bullshit, but that doesn't stop a submissive wondering if maybe there might be a grain of truth to it. It always angered me that her mental condition could be effected by people with no mental capacity. Happily this happens less frequently these days.

Self confidence is a fragile thing sometimes. It doesn't matter how brain-dead the person who takes a cheap shot if the recipient is inclined to believe the worst of themselves anyway. I would say that those people should be ashamed of themselves, but I honestly believe they don't have the ability or wherewithal for such introspection.

I am going to be coerced into writing another paragraph or two, so I will save some content for those. But to touch briefly on my girl's last point. She, and a few close friends, have earned the right to speak to me as they do. Others who dont know me, and suddenly think they can speak in the same manner... well, they can, they do, I cant stop them and have no real interest in trying. But it is highly unlikely these people will be given the opportunity to be classed as close friends.

And we now return you to our regularly scheduled IceMaiden.

Oh yes, how DARE I call my Dom a jerk. Bad, bad, BAD me! After 13 months I obviously don't know where the line is and just overstepped it. My sincerest apologies, do forgive me....oh wait, that was sarcasm. I meant it entirely. Bad Icy!

I completely agree with AM's last comments in regards to self confidence. How dare anyone say ANYTHING derogative to anyone when they don't know that person/it wasn't agreed prior etc?

AM has worked SO hard the last 13 months to get me to believe in myself, both d/s and non D/s wise...and whilst personally I could no longer give a shit what random idiots say or think...looking back...I know those sort of comments would have affected me originally...which means they may affect others too. And that is NOT okay. Not ever.

The people that say these sort of things when they have no right to...well they need a smack in the face. And that is me being nice.

I also agree with his comments on those that are friends can speak to him how they wish. Same goes with me, actually. Both of us are rarely if ever serious and any 'name calling' is done in jest and good faith....IF you are friends of one or both of us. The ones that think they can when they know neither of us? Well guess what? You're the sort of person that needs a smack in the face too.

Jeez Louise. This co-writing thing is … yeah. I took a little while to write my last bit. And guess who complained? Her exact comment was “did you die?” Isn't she sweet? In fairness, I did take 15 minutes to write it. Of course, the fact she then took 28 minutes to write hers is perfectly acceptable.

Where was I? Oh yes, brat blog.

What people don't understand though is that while my IceMaiden insults, teases, bullies, complains, whines, gangs up on and otherwise aggravates me to the absolute best of her ability, she never, ever disrespects me.

That might seem like an odd thing to say about the girl who calls me twat and dollop-head. The girl who rewrites my profile on a whim (I dont dare look half the time) and then persuades people to send me PM dares she wrote there for me.

But she never, ever disrespects me. Every one of her little foibles is a way of telling me she loves me, and more, that she is secure enough to be this way and know I will still love her. Warts and farts and all.

There are those who simper and “yes Master” and wouldnt dream of speaking to their

( [1:16:14 AM] Icy: did you die again?
[1:16:41 AM] Me: I'm going to smack you.)

Dominant this way. And if that is how they choose to be, then all the best to them. But that doesn't make it the only way of doing it.

And anyone who can't see past that, honestly, couldn't handle a girl like mine. And my honest opinion – their loss.

And honestly? Whilst "yes Master!" "yes Sir, no Sir!" May work for others (and that is okay!) it does NOT work for us.

And guess what? That is okay too. Just because you idiot people with less than an ideal IQ state otherwise either to one or both of us...that doesn't make you right.

You know why? Because YOU are not in OUR relationship. (I'll skip past the reasons I think you don't have a sub/dom/me for now. Though I'm sure you can guess what I would say.)

My/AM's relationship is exactly that: OURS. Not yours. You can have your opinion, after all everyone is entitled to them. But don't state it to us if you can't agree with how we do things. No, that isn't either of us being unable to handle differing opinions or viewpoints.

That is simply both of us not giving a flying fuck because hey guess what? You're NOT part of our relationship!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 913 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Well...it's a lot of text...but well said!!
  2. Old Comment
    I find it intensely satisfying when you write blogs like this. All the applause.

No one has been dumb enough to do something like this where my Dom and I are concerned (probably because I am never in chat on here) but it did happen one particularly bad time with Wardell. And the combination of shock, disgust, and rage that I felt at that overstep, where another 'dom' felt he had the right, nay, the duty to tell me I should try harder.to be a good sub and then proceeded to message my former Dom and tell him he might want to check up on me was like flames...flames on the side of my face...

I sincerely hope some wonderful person makes you an app that enables you to literally reach through the screen and smack these persons. We need an app for that. But in the meantime, you two are still and will always be one of my all-time favourite couples and I admire how you approach your relationship and BDSM.

Please co-write more blogs.
    Posted 08-08-2016 at 02:02 AM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  3. Old Comment
    An app that allows me to reach through the screen and slap people. Damn, the possibilities.