Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Memoirs of a Dork

I have a lot of things I should talk about and it is easier for me to do that on a random website to a bunch of strangers. You can comment on my stuff or not, but the majority of my blog posts will be personal things that are difficult for me to talk about out loud.
Rate this Entry

How to be Poor and Kinky

Posted 06-10-2015 at 04:06 PM by techiegirl
Tags money, rants, techie

So, recently I've discovered that a lot of people (mostly doms, but some subs as well) don't think they can be a good dom unless they have enough money to buy their partner things.

Not saying that everyone feels this way, and you definitely shouldn't, but I know a lot of doms that have felt almost pressed into buying things for their subs. So, anyone struggling financially can sometimes feel as though they aren't good enough doms.

This. Is. Bullshit.

Let me clear one thing up. If we are an amazing match as D/s partners or whatever, you don't need to buy me things. Hell, I don't want you to buy me things. I don't care if you're broke or rolling in the dough.

I am not playing with you because I expect gifts in return.

Okay, yeah, if it's a super serious relationship and you help me out financially because we are super serious, that's something else. There is a difference between buying me something because you care about me and we're super serious, and buying me something because you feel as though you owe me.

Granted, these are my personal thoughts.

I'm crazy broke right now. I have $27.38 in my savings and a doctor appointment in two days that I'm not sure my insurance covers.

Yet, here I am being kinky as fuck and not giving too shits (excuse my French. And if you are French, I've got a joke for ya. What do the French call a bad Thursday? A trajeudi)

This is kind of a roundabout way of saying things, but the point is that I'm not playing with you for your money. That's like being a financial dom, except I'm a sub, so like a financial sub. Is that a thing? I'm making it a thing.

Point is, don't be a financial sub. If the person you're with makes you feel like you must spend money to be with them (well, like that's what financial doms do, so if that's your kink do you, just not on gd) then they aren't someone you may want to spend time with.

Don't be embarrassed if you're struggling financially. Don't feel like you need to overcompensate because you don't.

Happy hunting.
Posted in How To's
Views 1374 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'll be happy with a Dom ( If I ever decide to look) who is just caring
  2. Old Comment
    Toys and equipment are fun...but BDSM is best when there is a meeting of the minds, I think. I'd much rather have a connection and play with someone who can get inside my head and do wonderfully naughty things to me there than have all the toys in the world.
    Posted 06-10-2015 at 11:14 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline