Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > My Blog of Bloggy Blogness

Rate this Entry

Year of the Doggy-Style

Posted 12-29-2017 at 11:10 AM by Hammarling

Do you put a hyphen in doggy style? Genuinely never thought about it... Anyway, 2018 will be the Year of the Dog. It's also coming very very soon. Most people make New Years Resolutions, but i never do. I'm not about to do so either, but here's a list of personal Goals for 2018, kinky and non.
Credit to Butterfly for the idea

First a bit of context: 2017 ends for me at a real low point. I'm unemployed having quit a job in September for a number of reasons. As a result i'm living at home, at 24, and having to constantly budget and be aware of my spending. My best friends live over 2 hours away and i never get to see them. And i just got dropped by an awesome girl who was potential Sub and we'd been getting on super well for 5 months.
So 2017 has ended in a pretty crappy way... Thus my 2018 will be better!

And in 2018 i will:
Get back into work!
Would be a weird person to not want this. But let me say this, nothing gives you an appreciation or a desire to work quite like being unemployed. I want to do something with my time, meet new people, earn some money and get on track towards a real career. It won't be easy, and probably won't be exactly perfect either. But i really want to get back working.
Move Out
Do we ever want to live with our parents? I certainly don't! Actually i went to a boarding school from 11, and then to University and then to a residential job. So between 11 and 23 i never lived at home for more than two or three months. Being here now, it's just odd and i don't like it. So i'm going to get the money together (by getting a job) and get somewhere to live away from my parents.
Write More
The last time i really wrote something, properly, was two years ago. I've always loved writing, and at Uni i wrote loads of stories, pretty much wrote a novel! I miss it. And in 2018 i'm going to get back to writing and put together more serious works. I'm going to finish my novel, or at least get it back on track. I'm going to write a proper script. I'm going to write more blogs. I'm just going to write more (although, not entirely on GD)!
Find A Sub
This last 'relationship' has really confirmed to me this is what i want. Someone who i get along with outside of kink, can talk with. Someone who shares my kinks. Someone who wants to help me and please me. Someone who i can care for and develop a relationship with. Now more than ever i know i have that part of me, and i want to grow it and develop it and i really enjoy that Dom/Sub dynamic and relationship.
Go to a Munch
For a year or two i've been saying i'll go to one. And every time my anxiety goes into overdrive and i chicken out. But in 2018 i am going to push through that anxiety and go to a munch. It may be horrible, but at least i'll have gone and will know for sure. And that will be a big success for me.
Try a new Fetish/Kink
Slowly over time i have been trying out new things and wider range of kink activities. I've got to a point where i know what i like and enjoy, what gets me going. But is that list complete? I don't know. It would be easy to sit back and say, i'm happy with this list and will stick to it. But i think there's still things out there to try. And in 2018 i will find something new i want to have a go at, and hopefully add to my list of likes.

There's 6 Goals for 2018. Three non-kink, and three kink. Plus, now i've written them down i have to stick to them. Nothing outrageous or insane. And all things designed to make me happier and better as a person.

Let me know what you think of these goals. Do you have advice on how to achieve them? Do you have your own goals for 2018?

Hammarling
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1117 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    OH MY GOSH! I forgot a big one!
    Get a Tatoo
    The design has been sitting on my laptop desktop for years, making sure it's perfect. It is. I'm ready for it. In 2018 i want to finally get this tatoo, on my left arm between shoulder and elbow. It's a zig-zag line of the route up the first ever mountain i went to the top of. It will be a reminder that i am strong and can conquer big things.
  2. Old Comment
    I will be updating my own list this week, so keep an eye out for it.

Go to a munch! Asslvr and I are going to attend one in the new year, but we did attend a play party last month and it was amazing to just be around other kinksters.

I am a big believer that there is always something new to learn or experience. I have a very extensive loves/likes and limits list, but I know there is still plenty more for me try. I suggest making a list of different kinks you want to try or experience. Add things like pushing the kinks that you already know you like. And then start to work through them.

Good luck with finding a new relationship and a new job. I know how hard it is to be unemployed, and to live with your parents, so I hope it goes quickly for you.

Looking forward to seeing more writing from you in the new year.