Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 9 votes, 3.67 average.

Thanks...But No Thanks.

Posted 03-30-2017 at 09:00 AM by IceMaiden
Updated 03-30-2017 at 09:02 AM by IceMaiden

Recently I became a little braver and started uploading pictures to my profile here and some different and/or uncensored ones on my kinktalk profile.

Everytime I or AM upload one I become nervous and shy and anxious and a little worried. Every single time. And yet when someone comments nicely on them or about them directly to me, it makes me less anxious to post a new one at another time.

It's nice to get positive feedback and of course I enjoy recieving it. Who wouldn't? What I am not so fond of however is recieving a comment from someone directly followed by a friend request; if the only contact they have ever had with me is the comment they just posted.

It makes me wonder why they have sent a friend request to me. To become friends? Well no, it is my opinion you get to know people first before sending or accepting one.

To ask for more pictures? This is a high probability on both sites and something I am not willing to do for anyone. Unless you are one of three people. And all of the requests I have recieved so far have not been from one of these three people, because they are already there and have been for a long time.

To ask to play or to be their sub? Another high probability on both sites. Even after making it very, very, very, very, clear I am not interested and am already in a happily committed relationship.

To ask to be their domme? Not as likely as the above but still an option. (Sidenote. Randoms calling me Mistress or Miss makes me want to stab them. I am NOT your Mistress.)

To perv more pictures? Well you can already do that as the majority of the uploaded pictures are set to public. It's only a select few set to friends only. Unless that is why? They want to see if there is more they can't yet see? But see...then you would have to become friends with me first before I accepted the request, knowing you could then see those too. They are set to friends only for a reason.

I do not view leaving a comment or two as a reason to accept friend requests and allow someone I have never directly spoken to or formed a friendship and built trust with as a good enough reason to make it so that they can see all of my private postings too. I never will.

But what I really want to know is why? Why do people do this? If you are someone that does and has done this to me or anyone else, please explain to me your reasons behind it. Because right now, the above reasons are all I've got to go on. And none of them will ever succeed in me accepting your requests.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2879 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    There is no accounting for cluelessness.
  2. Old Comment
    I just want to tell you that you are beautiful.
  3. Old Comment
    I second the comment that you are beautiful and I don't blame people for wanting to check out your photos and perv you.

That does NOT excuse people from asking to be your friend without more than a comment on a picture. I don't even message people most of the time that have asked to be my friend. I usually just hit ignore. If they decide to message me, then I will explain to them that I need to get to know them. Friends aren't like Pokemon, you don't need to "collect them all". There are reasons why I friend some people and don't friend others. Like you said, there is some information (pictures, private blogs etc.) that you don't want non-friends to access.
  4. Old Comment
    Yeah, you look great, but more than that you are an interesting person. That's why I would want to get to know you.
  5. Old Comment
    I just wanted to see her naked, so I stole her. Simples.
  6. Old Comment
    You say a lot of reasons why you don't want to accept and i am similar. I only accept if i feel i consider someone somewhat as a friend.

But you also "why" people do.
    My assumption is there xan be the following reasons:
    1/ just a dork collecting Pokemon style. This is simply annoying.
    2/ someone fishing for the friends-only content. Annoying as well.
    3/ people who find you intersting and want you on their friendlist such that they can check your posts and blog by clicking from their friendlist. This is actually a valid reason. It is little known that one can add someone as a contact (on own list) without actually being a friend (so them not getting on your list). Them Just "befriending" without sending friendrequest.
  7. Old Comment
    4/ You are a popular and well known member. People want view you as a trophy or somebody who they want to hear associated with.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbusiveMaster View Comment
    I just wanted to see her naked, so I stole her. Simples.
    Is that how it works? I'll remember this next time I walk down the street
  9. Old Comment
    I wanna steal an icey <3 <3

*makes my plan to steal her*