Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Time

Posted 10-30-2017 at 07:03 PM by Butterfly
Updated 03-15-2018 at 07:38 PM by Butterfly

I am a social butterfly. I think a lot of people can probably agree with that statement. I like to meet new people, chat, get to know them, help people, and spend time with my friends.

This isn't something that I just do online, this is who I am in real life.

I work a full time job as the office manager of a church. After work, I usually have something that I need to do. Some days this means going to my best friends to help her with her newborn baby or to my other best friends to do crafts or watch a movie with her and her boys. Other days it means I am going painting with a group of friends or out for dinner. Occasionally, I get the opportunity to have a date night, or even just a relaxing night at home, with my husband.

More recently, I have been needing to go to physio 2 or 3 times a week, and massage once a week, to help me recover from my car accident a few months ago.

All of these things keep me busy, and most of the time I enjoy it. I like being busy, and social and around people.

When I do get home from work, usually around 8 or 9 pm, I need to make dinner and eat with my husband, maybe have sexy time, or even just a shower and some Netflix in bed.

I keep pretty busy.

On top of all of my social activities, I also have personal projects I like to work on, scrapbooking and crafting, reading, etc. As well as helping our families with varies things (physical and emotional).

Some days are pretty exhausting.

Yet, I still like to make time for kink, and my kinky friends and relationships.

I have a sub, who I love to torture. Also, currently I am also fulfilling one of my kinky bucket list items - Domming a Dom. I usually find time to spend at least 10 minutes in chat most days, saying hello to the people that I have come to call my friends, and making new friends each day. Not to mention, kinky time with my husband. On top of all that, I am also looking for a Dom of my own.

I know it is a lot, and some people may think I am crazy, but I love it. Most of the time.

I pride myself on having good communication skills. I make sure to tell people how busy I am and what to expect from me timewise. But it is about balance, and in order to make everything work, I need to balance things very carefully.

Don't get me wrong, I can make time to help a friend who needs somebody to talk to, whether that friend is online or in real life. I can make time to spend an extra 20 minutes or 2 hours to help comfort my sub when he is in distress.

But I have three problems.

The first is when people expect more from me than I am able to give. I am always upfront with those I talk to. I don't mind sharing with you the details of what is going on in my life, what my daily schedule looks like, what stresses I am under at work etc. I can usually give you a good idea of what type of time commitment I can provide to you, and I always do my best to fulfill that, or at least keep you updated if for some reason I can't.

It annoys me when people expect more from me than what I have agreed to give, or even worse, than what I am ABLE to give.

The second, is when people take my time for granted. Time wasters. People who ask me for tasks and don't follow through. People who ask me for help or advice but don't have any intention of listening. Those people who stand me up, or cancel on me last minute, compulsively.

And lastly, those people who can't seem to give you any time in return. These are the people who are busy in their own lives, and they expect you to be there when they need you, but they can go days without even thinking about saying Hi. These are the people who don't think about sending you a message unless they need something and once they get it from you, they disappear again.

I have decided that I don't have time in my life for any of the three types of people I have listed above.

I am busy, and I only make time for the people that I want to make time for, and who make time for me too!

And I am starting to slowly learn who those people are.
Views 555 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Butterfly I am thrilled to see how you have moved on to this assertiveness and strength about yourself and your life, compared with where you were and how you were feeling when you and I first corresponded many months ago. I believe the phrase is (or was a dozen years ago - lol): "You go girl!"
  2. Old Comment
    ^----- What he said. Minus the part about knowing you so long. lol
    Updated 10-31-2017 at 08:43 PM by Blue Fox
  3. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MarvHarvey View Comment
    Butterfly I am thrilled to see how you have moved on to this assertiveness and strength about yourself and your life, compared with where you were and how you were feeling when you and I first corresponded many months ago. I believe the phrase is (or was a dozen years ago - lol): "You go girl!"
    Thank you Marv. I do feel like I have grown a little bit since we first started talking all that time ago, which by the way, was almost a year ago! Wow, where did time go!?
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ze'Rehan View Comment
    ^----- What he said. Minus the part about knowing you so long. lol
    Thank you my friend!
    Updated 10-31-2017 at 09:02 PM by Butterfly