Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > IceMaiden's Blog of Awesome

Rating: 10 votes, 3.80 average.

But He's A Dom/Master So I Can't Question That...

Posted 06-08-2017 at 10:16 AM by IceMaiden
Updated 06-08-2017 at 10:19 AM by IceMaiden

Do you know what the title of this blog is? It is absolute bullshit in all shape and forms. A sub/slave should never feel that they can't question something their Dom/me has told them to do. And they definitely shouldn't be scared to do so. If you are scared to question your Dom/me, then something is wrong. It is not healthy and you either need to rectify the situation or leave them.

And it doesn't matter if you are a sub or a slave or have given a little control or a lot of control or complete power exchange. You can and should still question them if you have reservations about something.

There are the relationships were the sub gives up the right to question anything and each to their own I am not going to judge that. I just don't agree with it or fully understand it. However, this is aimed at relationships were the sub hasn't agreed to never question but feels that they can't do so.

Just recently AM and I had a disagreement over something and after getting to the point where we both wanted to kill the other he said to me:

Quote:
This is also why, just as an aside, you will never be classified as a doormat
you wont let anyone walk all over you
you might be classified as a pain in the arse sometimes, but never as a doormat
and I told him that was a good thing and wont ever change. Nor does he want it to change. And it wont, even with AM, even when I have agreed total power exchange with him. Because I had questions about something, I wanted to question and I should have questioned so I did.

And even though we didn't agree on the issue itself, I was never afraid to speak up and say why I thought it was wrong and give my reasons/opinion why I thought so, as I shouldn't be. As no one else should be.

If someone isn't letting you voice your concerns or your fears or question the things you are unsure about then they have no right to be domming you in the first place. That isn't a relationship, that is bordering on abuse. Maybe it even is abuse, depending what the actual issues are. And you need to get the hell out of there. You should always be able to communicate your thoughts. Isn't that what the majority of a d/s relationship is about? Communication.

If someone uses the reason of "You agreed to be my sub so do what I say and stop asking questions." run. Run far, far away from them. Don't believe you are in the wrong just because you're not the one in control, because you agreed to submit. You're not the one in the wrong, they are. And any real Dom/me knows this. Not only do they know it, they encourage you to speak up and want you to speak up.

So the next time you are told "You can't question me, I'm the dom!" your response should be as follows: "Have fun with that sort of thinking. Byeeeee!"
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1632 Comments 4
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 4

Comments

1. Old Comment
    You and AM have a very healthy relationship <3 and that makes me so so so so so happy.
  2. Old Comment
    This is a fantastic blog and one that I wish didn't need to be written. I find that some people get so excited about BDSM without being informed that they just jump in and start something and don't realize that it is wrong.

I am not usually one to say that something is being done "wrong" but if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't!
  3. Old Comment
    Great blog and hopefully newbies and those unsure of themselves will take heart from what you have written and understand that all D/s should be safe sane & consensual.

Hearing from a well respected member of the GD community will hopefully make them take note and find a loving D/s relationship where they are valued and cared for by their Dom/me
  4. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by IHeartfun View Comment
    You and AM have a very healthy relationship <3 and that makes me so so so so so happy.

♡♡♡♡

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Butterfly View Comment
    This is a fantastic blog and one that I wish didn't need to be written. I find that some people get so excited about BDSM without being informed that they just jump in and start something and don't realize that it is wrong.

I am not usually one to say that something is being done "wrong" but if it doesn't feel right, then it probably isn't!

This! And so often they jump in with someone who will take advantage of the fact they are new and unsure.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrCharcol View Comment
    Great blog and hopefully newbies and those unsure of themselves will take heart from what you have written and understand that all D/s should be safe sane & consensual.

Hearing from a well respected member of the GD community will hopefully make them take note and find a loving D/s relationship where they are valued and cared for by their Dom/me
    Thank you! If it helps just one person I will be happy.