Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

Answer to the Question

Posted 05-09-2015 at 09:56 AM by Komodo Jones

A youtuber I subscribe to released a video that is titled "10 Things You Should Never Say to a Guy." One of those things was "How do you not have a girlfriend?" and the smart-aleck answer was "Because you won't date me!" Personally, I don't find that question offensive and I have been asked it a few times by several women. I was just asked that the other night although instead of just restricting it to women I was asked "How is it that you're single?" Not that I would ever marry or date a man anyway. When I am asked that question rather than taking offense to it I see it as someone basically saying to me that I'm doing something right. And while that question is sure to be meant rhetorical, I do have an answer to that.

The reason I am still single, at least I think, is because people pay too much attention to the outside appearance rather than getting to know the real person. Yes I know this story has been told a million times before, but it's true. If people paid attention to looks only I probably would have never known what my place was in the D/s lifestyle, even though right now I am going through some light questioning, which is not a bad thing and doesn't mean any danger for Alexis. But the reason I say this is because I have had the great opportunity to sub to several people in the past as well as dominate several people who what I looked like was not the biggest concern in our relationship.

I see this in a lot of D/s ads nowadays. A lot of ads, especially looking for subs, say you must be slim/athletic no chubs etc. so I get turned away from a lot of ads because I'm overweight. As I've stated in one of my previous entries some people are "blessed" with body types that make it very difficult to lose weight and very easy to gain it even though I stay at a pretty constant level.

Now for a long time I honestly did not want to deal with myself but I have learned to come to grips with reality and found out that I like myself and screw if people may not see me as perfect; nobody is. And not meant to sound conceited, but after looking at myself enough I realize that I'm a pretty good-looking guy. I mean sure I'm not skinny but who cares? With the subs I've had, have, and will have appearance is not a big deal for me. I choose people based on who they are and for the most part every one I have had is a beautiful person yet some people don't want to accept that. This is not to make my subs feel any less because I call most of them beautiful. Just taking my time instead of taking the first to jump at me, tends to yield better results. But that's not the point of this entry

So why/how am I still single? Well because I haven't found Ms. Right yet. I know she's out there as I do plan on getting married someday so it's not that I don't believe in marriage or love or anything. Like I said I just haven't found her, or maybe I have and I just haven't realized it yet. I can be very oblivious in certain situations. But for everyone who gets asked this question don't feel bad just keep doing what you're doing and you'll eventually find your perfect match.

Yes I am capable of writing positive entries, you people always act surprised.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1894 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    This was a very nice blog (I don't have anything to add, I just wanted to say that.)
  2. Old Comment
    That question does actually annoy me when it's asked by people who don't know me well. I'm not sure how they expect me to answer it. Am I to identify the things that are wrong with me, as is often implied in such a question? Should I tell them it's because I have high standards? Because I want to focus more on my education and career than wasting my time (oh yes, I see it as 'wasting') dating a bunch of guys I am 99% sure I do not like in that way within the first fifteen minutes of meeting them? Are they looking for me to break down into tears and lament about how I just can't find a good guy and why oh why am I still single? Or do they want me to go into excruciating detail about my every encounter with men and specifically identify why each wasn't 'the one'? I'm really tempted to do that last one.

And Rainbow is right, this is a very nice blog - and good for you for waiting until you find the right person. You deserve nothing less
    Posted 05-09-2015 at 09:06 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  3. Old Comment
    I've been asked versions of this question before! Only it was more like "How has somebody not snatched you up already?" I just shrugged, ignored the implied lack of agency on my part as the potential snatched, and said "Not sure." I didn't really take offense because I think it was intended as a compliment. But there isn't really a good way to answer that question from a casual acquaintance. Because the real answer is kind of complicated and not necessarily flattering. And who likes sharing unflattering details with not-quite-friends?

A. I'm incredibly oblivious. And usually don't notice attention from an interested party as more than polite conversation. I usually just think people are really nice.
    B. I don't get attracted to people unless I think of them in a sexual light and that requires a shift from how I normally interact with people. And a lot of time for association to take effect.
    C. I'm really shy. So if I did meet someone who managed to flip my switch, I probably wouldn't make the first move.
    D. I'm kind of a commitment-phobe. So if I get past the other problems, I don't tend to sustain good, long-term relationships.

For now, I'm enjoying my casual relationships. It's also giving me a chance to practice making friends first, so that I feel more comfortable discussing the touchy subjects that inevibatly come up.