Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

The Pet Peeve Series #2

Posted 05-30-2013 at 05:23 PM by Komodo Jones

Once again when I started writing the entry for this week I wasn’t sure where to turn. Should I continue with the whole truth or dare aspect or should I move to the s/m area of pet peeves which is as vast as the ocean? Well I had two ideas, but I think given some consequences that I should probably touch on a specific topic. Now this topic is not very common on this site, but seeing that I’ve seen it at least two times it’s something that needs to be talked about but this pet peeve is not only on this site, it needs to be spoken to the world and I see it happening so much and it just sickens me. Now I can say in a disclaimer to this pet peeve, I am not one for being politically correct, I don’t choose to be. If someone says Happy Holidays to me I say Merry Christmas. So if I offend some people by being politically incorrect I’m sorry as it is not my intent to offend you. So what is the pet peeve for this week? It is…

Pet Peeve #2-Ignorant Imbeciles

Somebody asked me this week what are some of your turn-offs. To which I answered several things, but probably the second biggest turn-off for me is ignorance. When I am talking about ignorance, I’m probably not talking about the definition of ignorance you’re thinking of. Ignorance for the sake of this entry means intolerability I guess. Is that a word? The spell check on Microsoft Word is saying it is so I guess it is. Intolerability, I have seen on this site a few times, more so in real life. Also I’m not sure how this is in other countries, but living in the United States is where I see it the most. Let’s be honest here I’m not a big “travel” person the furthest I’ve gone is Canada…when I was five years old. I’d like to go there now to see one of my good friends on this site, but due to financial limitations, I can’t. So for those of you not native to the United States, this may not apply to you, like I said I don’t know. Regardless of all of this, it is still an important topic, and I will warn you ahead of time. These topics are going to get a little dicey so proceed with caution. Ignorance in this entry will be split into two main categories that I have seen on getdare…

The first of these categories happened to me quite a while ago. This is one of the few instances in where I remember the user’s name, but seeing as they’re banned it’s not that big of a deal but as I said in my #1 entry, it is not my place to call anyone out by name specifically. As many of you who actually know me, I am part of the BDSM lifestyle. I am a switch with submissive tendencies as evidenced by my current situation right now. Now while I could gripe out about the s/m section I’m not going to…yet. Trust me it will come in time, but a while back some person contacted me asking me if he could ask me some question about the BDSM lifestyle Well sure, I don’t claim to be an expert in the field but I was glad to help this guy out and answer any question to the best of my abilities. So he asked me some pretty reasonable questions which I answered. Then he asked me three questions, and this is where it went downhill and what pissed me off. Of the three questions he asked, I can only remember one and all three questions were based around the same theme. The question I remember is, “Do black people take on white people as slaves to get revenge on them from what happened in the earlier days of the United States?” The word of the day is racism! Racism is one of the stupidest concepts ever conceived by man and all I can say is what is the problem!? OK before I go any further because I know I have said this on the site, and someone is bound to call me out on this. I am bisexual but I only like to play with Caucasian men. I will say that out right now. However, I do not believe that makes me a full-blown racist. Because, one of my friends in real life who will remain nameless hung out with black people a lot and I never once snubbed these guys or anything. I talked with them just like they were normal people because that’s what they are! When God made man he chose to use a skin kaleidoscope…get used to it. Skin color does not make any person less of a human being. Now the reason these questions made me so mad, besides being blatantly racist, is this. I am a Caucasian male. My longest lasting Mistress to date, at the time of this publication, was black, and during our several years together NOT ONCE did the incidents of the American Civil War or the Civil Rights Movement come up EVER! We enjoyed each other for who we were and we were different races. My grandparents on both sides have prejudiced views. My grandfather on my dad’s side was all out prejudice; White are the supreme race, black are inferior so much so that he even taught his dog to be that way, true story. My grandmother on my mom’s side is not racist, but believes interracial marriage not to be acceptable from what I’ve heard. Look, people, if you are going to be hung up on something as insignificant as skin color, you are going to be in a world of hurt, because I can bet in all parts of the world you are going to find someone who is a different race, especially if you are in the United States, so you had better get used to the idea and accept it!

The second area, also I saw happened on getdare. A while ago there was a dice dare. I don’t remember this one so much but one of the rolls, the instruction was find all the gay males you can find and call them fucking faggots; they probably like it. OK yes fag means something else in different parts of the world, but here in the United States, that word does not fly, is extremely offensive, and has no means to exist. Guess what, on getdare you are going to find quite a few people who are part of the LGBT Community. Now I will say that I am not entirely sure if I am part of this community as I am semi-bi. Meaning I love playing with both genders, but could only see myself marrying a woman. Now part of the reason I’m not sure if I’m part of this community is because in real life, I am not open about this. Growing up in a Christian family, I would never hear the end of how I am is wrong and it’s a sin and so forth yada yada yada. But guess what I’m semi-bi so get used to the idea. And a lot of people on this site are also lesbian, or gay, or bi, or transgender. Once again just because we don’t fit into your straight orientation worldview does not mean we are not human beings. Yet you jeer and point and laugh and call us weird. You hurl insults at us telling us how wrong we are and use offensive terms such as faggot. You have even changed the word gay to become synonymous with stupid. Well guess what we could do the exact same thing to you straight people. Just because we have a different orientation does NOT mean that we are going to try and push our views on you. We’re not weird we just think differently and that’s what makes everyone as humans unique.

Now obviously, ignorance/intolerability is split into so many categories that I couldn’t possibly explain all of them in one category but I have listed the two that I have seen on getdare but there’s: religion. culture, literacy, language, political views, social status the list goes on and on. Look no one is going to agree on everything but try to keep an open mind. Just because someone is different from you does not discredit them as a human being. So recognize that we’re all human beings and don’t shun someone just because they may be a little different.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 614 Comments 1
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I have yet to see this on GD and it saddens me to think that in today's world especially on a site like GD there are people out there that are intolerant of trivial things like race and sexual orientation. (P.S. I'm sure that friend from Canada would love to come visit you too!
    Posted 06-01-2013 at 08:35 AM by shynessincarnate shynessincarnate is offline