Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > >.>

duhmmm...
Rate this Entry

Everybody needs to calm down. This is why :)

Posted 03-27-2009 at 05:03 PM by Knots101

First off, I'm Canadian, i take shots from every nationality every day. And Never have i flipped out about it, i usually play along and make a joke about it. and on the occasion i take a shot at Americans. 99% of the time they FLIP. I find it rather funny. Recently i was called a racist for this... So does that give permission for me to call every tom, dick, and harry, who makes a joke about Canada a racist? And on a further fact, EVERYBODY on some level or another is racist. I admit at some level ive been racist. And i know you have to. Some people might not laugh at a racist joke in fright that they will get branded. Some will. Dosn't change the fact. On a bunch of occasions i have laughed at a racist joke ive heard. Dosn't make me a bad person. There usually based on truth in some level. Im talking about the jokes that are a joke not the ones that are just insulting. At some point in your life you have seen someone of the same or different ethnic background and thought something CONSIDERED racist. Its human nature. I do not believe in racism at all i believe its well racist and degrading. But you cant sit there and lie saying you never think about something racist. Just chill out, and before you make a comment on this blog think... Sooner or later you'll agree. Just have to open your mind and accept fact for fact and that is the first step to being a better person. On another note i got called a sexist because i made one joke about someones period... Allot of my "girl" friends make period jokes all the time. So are they sexist to them self? Maybe i make a joke every once in a while that is "out of line" or "rude", "offensive" etc etc. And sorry if thats how you feel. But just chill out, take yourself out of your postion and look at it from a diffrent view. If its still offensive, cuss me out. Otherwise, laugh it off. Can't we all get along wether were white, black, asian, pakistanian, emo, jock, nerd, carny... Anyways take what you want from this blog. And before you comment take a couple minutes to think about it. Byeeee
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 1451 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Quote:
    On another note i got called a sexist because i made one joke about someones period... Allot of my "girl" friends make period jokes all the time. So are they sexist to them self?
    In one of my classes, we had a discussion about this. My professor is a lesbian and she talked about how she makes lesbian jokes all the time and she jokes about it with her friends but when someone she doesn't know says it, she takes offense to it. Another example is the "N" word. Black people say it all the time but when a white person says it, the black person or everyone around them gets offended. So I think people need to be careful when they make jokes about other people.
  2. Old Comment
    Urgh, don't get me started on Americans who hate anyone making a joke about their country... I've had a few friends over the years who are more than happy to have jokes thrown at the French, Germans, English, Canadians, but the second it's about America it becomes "I find that highly offensive!"

Case in point, I showed a few of them this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUdaPNXC_68 and they all seemed to claim it was offensive to Americans. Ignoring the fact this is a small piece of his entire show, and he laid into even our own country even a few times during that clip as it was.

I guess the fact I love his style of humour though not only makes me partially racist in that sense, but also sexist and pretty much everything else... as he puts down everyone and everything in essence.

But you're right, too many people get hung up over unimportant issues, it's not like the joke or comment is affecting them personally, so what's the big issue?
  3. Old Comment
    Thank you pranadevil. Finally someone down to earth. Kudos for you. Btw that guys funny! Lol
  4. Old Comment
    Of course I'm down to earth, Great British thinking!

And yep, Al Murray is pure awesome, went to see him live and he had the entire audience standing and pointing to two guys with long hair in the front row, who he had decided were gay for no reason other than long hair, and we were chanting "Shame on you, you filthy bastards!"

I think what so many people forget is half the time the joke isn't so much on the people it's seemingly directed at, but more the type of people who believe in that view, especially with him as he makes it pretty obvious he's just being a "typical british" character, so how anyone can really get offended by any of it is beyond me.

I also type too much at half three in the morning...
  5. Old Comment
    I'm an American, and damn it, I make jokes about this country all the time, there is just way to many things not to joke about. And when I do that, people usually know that I'm joking. It takes a lot to offend me. I think people need to get a more open mind sometimes and really think about that its just a joke. If you don't like it, laugh it off and walk away. And really, as long as they aren't doing it in a hateful way, is it really that big of a deal?