Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

Rate this Entry

What do you know, Another Rant!

Posted 09-29-2009 at 11:45 AM by Komodo Jones

Hey everybody before I start my rant I just want to let you guys know how my birthday went. It was good, much better than last years. On Saturday, I went out to eat at Chili's with three of my friends. Then on Sunday, the youth groups surprised me with a big cake, and it was big! On my actual birthday, the 21st, my family and I ate at the Cheesecake Factory, and I got $150 and a new hp mini which I am typing this on. My birthday week was pretty good, despite my absentness on this site, I managed to make another friend on the site, and on Friday I got to play laser tag, which I have not done in so long! Anyone who says laser tag is not an aerobic sport, does not know how to play it properly. After the first game, I was drenched in sweat. I sucked in the last two games, but I still had an awesome time, and I think that's what really matters.
OK my rant. For anyone who knows me very well, you know that I complain about my parents...a lot. Especially after the whole Internet thing. Here's something that is a disadvantage. I don't think parents realize how crucial the Internet is to college students. I mean where else are you supposed to go to stream video clips when you're supposed to be studying for a test...in all due seriousness though. Last night I had a fit because of a paper I had due today. I had it done and I decided to print it. Now something is seriously wrong with my printer because the last few times I have tried to print it, the paper always gets jammed, no matter how many times I have to print it. So I decide to screw it and load the file onto a CD to bring to the upstairs computer to print. I try that and it says that the brand new blank CD cannot read the file and therefore cannot burn it on to the disc. So I have to spend half an hour around my house looking for a dang flash drive. And after finally finding one, I'm able to print it off but I say it would be a whole lot easier if I could just e-mail it as an attachment and print it from there. And it doesn't help any either when I have to read something or do some research on the Internet and my dad is too busy playing his damn Tiger Woods game to let me on it. The way things are going nowadays, a college student cannot survive without the Internet. I miss talking to my friends on here. E-mails great when I get the opportunity but it just doesn't replace the community that was in the chat rooms when we would talk about completely illogical things or all gang up on someone, because they were being a jerk. I mean it's almost torture, also what's the point of buying me an hp mini with a built in webcam if I can't use it!? I have wasted almost $230 on things I can't use anymore because of them cancelling on the Internet. What do my friend and I do most of the time when he's on leave play Mariokart Wii...ONLINE which we can't do anymore. Where are all my friends who are offering to listen to me when I've had a bad day...ONLINE, can't do that readily anymore. My parents have pracitcally ruined my means of communication, since I only have two offline friends around here and they're usually too busy with something else. One is busy planning his wedding, and the other one, who knows what he's doing? It's just ugh...my parents need to jump into the 21st century and stop living in the vanilla, Christian, proper world of the 18th century!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 729 Comments 0
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 0

Comments