Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Tiger

Rating: 5 votes, 3.20 average.

Need Advice

Posted 07-25-2010 at 12:06 PM by Tiger

So after starting doing stuff offline, I signed up to go to events. The next event I'm going to is next week at a professional photographer's studio learning about and practicing rope bondage.

I was talking about my previous event experiences and the reason I don't put pictures of me up on my profile in another thread. The host saw it and said there will be no pictures unless everyone you are taking pictures of gives consent.

So the reason I don't put pictures of myself doing naughty stuff on the internet is because I don't want to end up like the teachers that are on the news for putting up risque pictures on Facebook and Myspace.

The part that I need your help on is, since this website that I am doing offline stuff on is only for naughty people and you need an account to look at anything, would my career be in jeopardy if my pictures go up on there? Would the parents not want to bring their kids to my daycare if they saw their child's teacher doing this type of stuff EVEN THOUGH they are doing it too?

Thanks for the help!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2986 Comments 16
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 16

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hmm...what you could do is use a dummy ip address possibly and make an email that would be hard to track back to your original one. That is my best advice
  2. Old Comment
    What do you mean?
  3. Old Comment
    To be honest: If I was in your position, I wouldn't risk it. The internet is the internet. Put something on there, no matter what, and give just a single person, no matter who, access to it - and you have no way to know where it might end up. Maybe they need an account to view the pictures on the original website, but how do you know, that there is not someone who will copy them to his own homepage or to his blog or just pass them to a friend, who will then again pass it to a friend and so on...

If there's a chance someone who knows you could tell that it's you in that picture - don't publish it anywhere. Period.

Of course you don't know if really anything bad is going to happen because of such pictures - but if it would, you had only yourself to blame. And I doubt you'd want to end up like that.

Sounds harsh, but... Rather be safe than sorry. Especially true on the internet.
  4. Old Comment
    That is a good point Res. I don't want them to get angry at me for not being able to take pictures but I guess I will stick with no face.
  5. Old Comment
    I'm not quite understanding the "EVEN THOUGH they are doing it too?" part. But anything can happen on the internet. Anyone can take that picture and easily post it to other sites and keep spreading it if they wanted to.

I wouldn't take the chance if you are worried.
  6. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tiger View Comment
    That is a good point Res. I don't want them to get angry at me for not being able to take pictures but I guess I will stick with no face.
    That is probably a good idea, leave out your face so nobody can identify you. That’s if you really want to post pictures. Be careful the internet is a risky place to have such pictures of yourself.
    Updated 07-25-2010 at 01:29 PM by theone
  7. Old Comment
    Purple: The even though part means that on the website I'm talking about, you have to sign up to do anything on the site, even look at profiles. So if they see my picture, they would have to have an account and be into naughty stuff.

Theone: I wouldn't be posting them. The host would be taking the pictures and putting them on his profile. He might also post them on his website.
  8. Old Comment
    You may be able to have your face blurred/blacked out. I don't think that would be an unusual or odd request. If you have a job where you are afraid this sort of thing might interfere, I would make sure you can't be instantly identified.
  9. Old Comment
    There are websites that mask your IP. They are riddled with ads and slow you down, but it makes basic hiding much easier. Like Depp said, blurring your face is another great option. It is almost impossible to completely hide who you are, there are ways to make it significantly harder.
  10. Old Comment
    Or you could do what I did and make sure the photographer does not take face shots I did classy nudes for my friend's photography project for college and she only posted the ones without my face online.
  11. Old Comment
    Ok I will try to avoid the camera as much as possible. If that's not possible, since it's a small studio, I will try to get only my back in the picture with the beautiful bondage.

Thank you everyone!
  12. Old Comment
    Make sure to let the photographer know. Otherwise it might be a game of cat and mouse until they figure it out.
  13. Old Comment
    I will! I would rather have him take pictures of his models anyway. They are so pretty!
  14. Old Comment
    You could also wear a mask if you want, like a full face mask or just a half one. I know there's really pretty, elegant ones out there.
  15. Old Comment
    Hmmm I have a blindfold and bandana/scarf thingy. If I use them, I won't be able to watch the beautiful bondaging!
  16. Old Comment
    The only way I would allow it if I were you is if my face wasn't shown. If I wore some kind of mask or if it was blurred out of the pictures.