Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > loke

Rate this Entry

Horrible Stomach Bug

Posted 04-02-2011 at 02:30 AM by loke

I came down with a horrible one. Got a horrible night sleep, whenever I drink or eat anything I throw it up, I throw up sometimes even without eating or drinking, I feel like crap when I stand up or walk around.

Does anyone had anything similar? How long does it take to go away?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 2249 Comments 9
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 9

Comments

1. Old Comment
    go to a doctor.
    i bet it's swine flu.
  2. Old Comment
    Probably food poisoning. Outside chance it is salmonella (if you develop diarrhea that would be a big indicator of this) . Either case, yeah, you should probably get that checked out
  3. Old Comment
    Could be the flu too.

But if you can't even keep water down for a few days, then yeah, you should go see a docta.
  4. Old Comment
    That actually sounds alot like what i had in yr 7 music camp. xD It was terrible and wrecked my time there. Anyways, go to a doctor and they give you medication and everything... And just lie down, dont try to do anything physical.
  5. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Horse.Chic View Comment
    That actually sounds alot like what i had in yr 7 music camp. xD It was terrible and wrecked my time there. Anyways, go to a doctor and they give you medication and everything... And just lie down, dont try to do anything physical.
    How long did yours last for?
  6. Old Comment
    You need to go to a doctor, especially if you’re not able to take fluids. If you are throwing up all the time you will also be dehydrating and that will make you feel even worse. Get some rehydration powders like Dioralyte or whatever equivalent you have in the US. Alternatively mix a teaspoon of glucose and a pinch of salt in some water. This will help you rehydrate providing you can keep the mixture down without throwing up.
    As you don’t really know what you have, you need to see a doctor, especially if your symptoms are not improving and you are throwing up all the time.
  7. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by theone View Comment
    You need to go to a doctor, especially if you’re not able to take fluids. If you are throwing up all the time you will also be dehydrating and that will make you feel even worse. Get some rehydration powders like Dioralyte or whatever equivalent you have in the US. Alternatively mix a teaspoon of glucose and a pinch of salt in some water. This will help you rehydrate providing you can keep the mixture down without throwing up.
    As you don’t really know what you have, you need to see a doctor, especially if your symptoms are not improving and you are throwing up all the time.
    Thankfully the throwing up has stopped. But my stomach still hurts.
  8. Old Comment
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by loke View Comment
    How long did yours last for?
    Mine lasted for about 2 weeks... It was terrible and i was dry retching. I was really pale and could hardly think and i felt so faint. And apparently i was also dehydrated heaps and i had to had to be hooked up to one of those IV thingies or whatever there called... I made quite alot of other people on the music camp sick as well. xD It sucked.
  9. Old Comment
    If you have become severely dehydrated to the point were it is difficult to intake fluids without vomiting then an I.V. drip of saline solution is used to help rehydrate you. Severe dehydration makes you feel really lousy with multiple symptoms, so this can add a lot to any illness you have. The best thing is to treat dehydration before it becomes too bad, with some rehydration powders or isotonic drink. Drinking water alone when you’re dehydrated will not rehydrate you easily as pure water tends to be hypotonic in relation to body fluids.
    Updated 04-03-2011 at 04:34 PM by theone