Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Komodo Jones

1. Old Comment

This Isn't a BDSM Site!

I am rather curious how the 2 got associated in the first place. A dare Master/Mistress and a dare slave is not M/s in the true sense anyway. A person who likes to create dares may be a 'Master' at that but that hardly make them a 'Master' as in the M/s and bdsm tradition. I think people into bdsm and traditional M/s have googled some terms and this site came up, and they came and made it there own.
  2. Old Comment

This Isn't a BDSM Site!

I strongly agree with this. I've actually had people automatically ask me if I were a slave or mistress. If I say neither they ask what I'm doing here then?
    It quite annoying.
  3. Old Comment

This Isn't a BDSM Site!

I agree that people shouldn't randomly send out PMs regarding D/s and should take the time to learn a few things about a member before contacting him about BDSM.

That said, I think this website is what we shape it to become, and even though there's a lot of focus on truth or dare, I believe BDSM is definitely one the major prospects of this website.

Some people are here simply for the TorD, others simply for the BDSM and some for a mix of both. You shouldn't simply state that the "point" is the website is as you see it, since each of us has a different perspective.

And yes - I believe it is fairly alright to PM people about BDSM, just like it's alright to PM them about TorD. people should try to only contact members that share their interests (by taking the time to browse through their profile or posting history) and try not to harass other members, but there's nothing wrong with PMs.

If someone send you a message that says "Do you want to be my slave/master *wink* *wink* now get naked / give me tasts" simply ignore it. That's what I do.
    Posted 10-27-2009 at 11:01 AM by Looking4somename Looking4somename is offline
  4. Old Comment

This Isn't a BDSM Site!

I agree. It all comes down to respect for other peoples wishes.
  5. Old Comment

This Isn't a BDSM Site!

Hear, hear!

I really don't know why this isn't common practice. While there are users on the site with a more traditional approach to the BDSM side of things, not one true master would ever go around sending random PMs asking someone to be their slave. It's inconsiderate, rude, and disrespectful.

Even those only interested in casual dare slaves should share these considerations when speaking to another user of the site - it's truly sad that many do not.
    Updated 10-27-2009 at 10:11 AM by Leopard (Additional input.)
  6. Old Comment

UnHappy Birthday to Me

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
  7. Old Comment

UnHappy Birthday to Me

No I'm not back but I'm slowly working toward it. I got a new hp mini yesterday and I need to go to best buy to find a USB disc drive for it and I'll also be looking for networking options when I'm there. So I hope something works out so that I can become a constant again.
  8. Old Comment

UnHappy Birthday to Me

Firstly, Happy Birthday for Monday.
    Secondly, I apologise for not reading all of your blog, it's 03:14am.
    Thirdly, does this mean you are back?
  9. Old Comment

UnHappy Birthday to Me

HAHaHa, if our parents want to take one of us out on our birthdays we don't like it. We sigh if our parents want to take us somewhere, and we try to get them to say "Alright, we'll just stay home." Most of the birthdays, we just stay home anyway. Actually, when they ask us if we would like to go anywhere for our birthday, we say no, just stay home, lol. We like it WAY more celebrating our birthdays at home.

Happy Brthday by the way.
  10. Old Comment

Leavning GetDare Part 3

Komodo, I hope you'll return. I absolutely hope things work out.

But until then, you'll be missed. Not forever, but untill then, you'll be missed.

Stupid vanilla parents.
  11. Old Comment

Leavning GetDare Part 3

You will be missed Komodo. Maybe things will change and you will be able to get back sooner than you think. Anyway hope you will return soon.
  12. Old Comment

Leavning GetDare Part 3

Depp, but this is part 3
  13. Old Comment

Leavning GetDare Part 3

I eagerly await parts 3, 4, 5, and 6 of your story about leaving getDare. In all seriousness, you will be missed.
  14. Old Comment

Leavning GetDare Part 3

Awwww Stupid parents. We'll miss you!
    Posted 09-11-2009 at 09:11 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  15. Old Comment

Leavning GetDare Part 3

Aww, Komodo, we'll miss you. =(
    I have my own wi-fi, with its own password...so I don't think my parents will ever know that I'm on this site, unless they go onto my laptop while its open.
    Anyways, I hope things work out for you, and I hope you return soon, its nice having you as a friend. ^^
  16. Old Comment

First Day of Classes

Poetry AND history?! Oh dear lord, I feel for you.
    (I used to love History in secondary school but that's because I had fun teachers. I couldn't cope with it now.)
    Posted 09-09-2009 at 03:03 AM by CollaredBlondie CollaredBlondie is offline
  17. Old Comment

Leaving GetDare? Part 2

Perfection! So wonderful to not lose a dice dare master *bows deeply with much flourishing of the hands*
  18. Old Comment

Leaving GetDare? Part 2

Yay. ^^
    Its great that you aren't leaving, Komodo.
  19. Old Comment

Apology

A large bunch of words you've got going on up there... Komo- butbut I want to call you Domoko.

You made me sad.
  20. Old Comment

Recommended Story #1

four or five stars, its one of the most read stories. thank u komodo. u give me incentive to complete it.
  21. Old Comment

What's a Magirian?

Never said I was human, did I? They're a few centuries behind, but so were we all, once.
  22. Old Comment

What's a Magirian?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fiendish View Comment
    I doubt it... I was doing a sweep 8 years ago in that part of the universe... not a craft nor pod nor robot nor bit of scrap got through the siege nets.

I would know, I was there.
    How cute that you think human technology is more advanced than Magirian technology. Please you think that we don't know how to get through seige nets...that makes me laugh.
  23. Old Comment

What's a Magirian?

I doubt it... I was doing a sweep 8 years ago in that part of the universe... not a craft nor pod nor robot nor bit of scrap got through the siege nets.

I would know, I was there.
  24. Old Comment

Salting a Wound

Sadly, that's the way life goes.
    But if people can't even consider you for things, maybe they aren't worth your time. All you really need to do is surround yourself with real friends. (:
    That's what I've found out lately. We all go through tough times, and you know...it just helps to talk about it. So if you ever want to talk, I've been told I'm a good listener before.
  25. Old Comment

Salting a Wound

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a hard time of late. Not that we've talk at all, but from what I can see you're a nice guy. I'm sure things will be better eventually, you just gotta keep strong my friend. I also found ranting lots helps. But I think you already know that though.