Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > MBP's Place of Random Things That Pop into My Brain

My actual thoughts. I could care less if you disagree. I welcome feedback; except from the stupid. Go away.
May contain things you don't want to hear or don't care about. Once again, I could care less. The opinions are mine and do not reflect anything, except that I might be an ass to some people.
Rate this Entry

Baseball preview-NL

Posted 04-05-2009 at 08:26 PM by Manbearpig

NL East
  1. Phils-Too good. Pitching amazing and great lineup. Jason Werth is a sleeper
  2. Marlins- The sleeper. Ricky Nolasco leads a good young rotation with dangerous bats in Uggla and Rameriz
  3. Mets- Good team, but they always choke. Can a Jerry Manuel team do anything other than hit homers?
  4. Braves- The dark horse in spring training, but will pitching and Chipper hold up?
  5. Nats-The draft for Sausabury cannot come soon enough

NL Central
  1. Cubs-Rotation good, Lineup good, Bullpen shaky, but will rebound most likely
  2. Reds-Pitching and Jay Bruce will make this team the wildcard and the suprise of the NL
  3. Cards-Chris Capetner is good. Plus, having Albert Pujols on your team is always a plus.
  4. Brewers-Missing CC and Sheets will hurt a lot. Not a lot of depth anymore
  5. Pirates-Can be sleeper possibly with decent lineup and ok rotation, but most in a much improved division, not really
  6. Astros-Was horrible spring training just the beginning. Get the fire engines ready, we might have a fire (sale) come July

NL West
  1. D'Backs-Strong pitching and strong young lineup. Good mix
  2. Dodgers-Manny is back, but old. How far will pitching take them?
  3. Rockies-2007 champs are gonna struggle without Holliday
  4. Giants-Good rotation, but horrible offense
  5. Padres-Jake Peavy will be a Cub soon enough

Playoffs
  • Cubs over D'Backs
  • Reds over Phils
  • Cubs over Reds

Awards
  • NL MVP-Hanley Rameriz: Triple Crown threat? Maybe. But too good regardless
  • NL Cy Young-Tossup. Regulars (Zambrano, Santana, Linecum) will be mentioned, but look out of Rich Harden stays healthy. Also, I heard Peavy has a cut fastball now.
  • NL ROY-Not sure. Caybon Marbury of FL seems like a good pick. Not sure if Seth Smith of Colorado is a rookie either...

Anyways there is the NL Preview. AL, with World Series prediction, will come tomorrow.

One quick note about the NCAA Title game, it is going to be a good game. I am rooting for MSU too much for there to be an unbiased preview, but it should be a fun game.
Posted in MBP Sports take
Views 2052 Comments 5
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 5

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I wish I could understand this... sports thing
  2. Old Comment
    Dont worry Dav, we still love you. You English people really should watch Baseball
  3. Old Comment
    I hate sports altogether

You best still love me!
  4. Old Comment

Mets

Even though the Mets are my team the Phillies had a good win over them last night. I'd like to say that its the disabled list that's keeping them down, but you are right, they always choke.

I'm hoping to get to the new stadium sometime this summer.
  5. Old Comment
    I bought a baseball.. ball.
    When I was in New York. I watched Baseball on the telly for a while. But I didn't get it much.