Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > The Butterfly Effect

A random assortment of reports, thoughts, ramblings and information. Pretty much a view inside my wonderfully complicated, sometimes broken, and entertaining mind.
Rating: 8 votes, 4.00 average.

My Bracelet

Posted 08-16-2014 at 08:36 PM by Butterfly
Updated 01-19-2015 at 09:50 AM by Butterfly

After Sir and I completed our trial together, we revised our rules and added a rule to remind me of him every moment of everyday. I am expected to wear one red item each day. Soon after this, I was planning a shopping trip with my mom. Sir messaged me at work and told me that he wanted me to buy one item in particular while we were out. When I asked what, I had to pick my jaw up on the floor when he told me he wanted me to buy a collar. I instantly turned red, my heart stopped, I had a slight panic moment. Before I could respond, Sir sent me a message that said “Just kidding”. What a devilish man my Sir can be.

Sir instead asked me to choose an anklet that would remind me of him that I could wear every day. I spent a lot of the time in the store, and I did choose one, however I wasn’t very happy with it. It was pink, not red, and it had dragonflies instead of butterflies. It just wasn’t right. I bought it, and wore it a few times, but I just didn’t like it. When I saw it, it was pretty, but it didn’t remind me of him. So instead, I got my rainbow loom, and I made a simple white, black and red bracelet that I could wear on my ankle for Sir.

I was so proud, and effectively reminded of him every time I wore it. It soon became a rule that I had to have it on during the day.

Now, Sir may have been kidding when he said he wanted me to buy a collar that day, but I think essentially, that is what I bought. It doesn’t go around my neck, it doesn’t look like a collar, but it effectively has the same outcome. I feel like I belong to him, am devoted and loyal to him..

I have since upgraded the bracelet to a more complicated version of the rainbow loom bracelet, this one is more durable and comfortable to wear, and I now wear it on my wrist where I can see it more often, but the feelings are the same.

Everytime that I look down at my wrist and see the red and black, I get an overwhelming sense of pride and accomplishment. I am proud to say that I am his and he is mine. When I am sad, I find myself touching the bracelet and I can feel him thinking about me. I can’t help but smile everytime that I feel it, or see it.

I never knew how I would feel about being “collared”, but this bracelet, our unofficial version of a collar, it just feels natural and right. A collar is a sign that you belong to somebody, wholly. In this sense, it really isn’t any different from a promise ring or an engagement ring, And it is incredibly important and meaningful to me.
Views 567 Comments 3
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I'm very happy you feel proud wearing your bracelet, and it reminds you that you belong to me... now I wonder what your co-workers would think of a rainbow loom collar???
  2. Old Comment
    Lovely post, I can relate to this completely. I myself have something similar. It does give that owned feeling but as you said it makes you feel proud and happy.

I am happy for you both that you Java found each other
  3. Old Comment
    @Popsy - Thanks. It feels like I have a piece of him with me at all times, and I can touch the bracelet and just feel this sense of pride and happiness fill me.

@Asslvr - You are a VERY evil man Mister!