Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > kittenlyss

Rate this Entry

Glitter is Always an Option

Posted 07-27-2014 at 06:17 PM by kittenlyss
Updated 01-17-2015 at 06:15 PM by kittenlyss

So... I like pretty things. I've always liked pretty things. And when I started getting kinky and looking for toys, I didn't stop liking pretty things.

Actually, I insist on all my toys being pretty. If I'm going to use it on myself, I want to like the look of it. This can occasionally cause problems when I'm shopping. There have been several times that finding an ugly but well-made toy was easier than finding a "decorative" quality item that is still fully functional. (Although it does depend on what look I'm going for. I do still appreciate the more "traditional" BDSM styles that tend to look a bit tougher. Black leather? Mmmmm. )

According to Almost, my obsession with having pretty toys is mildly ridiculous. Granted, him finding it at all ridiculous just makes me want to be more so, because he's positively fantastic when he starts sending very scary dots my way (...)

Back to the point at hand though. There's something so FUN and exciting about wearing around a jeweled butt plug or using that pretty glass wand with swirls in it. Or the flogger that's striped in your favorite colors and feels soft and fuzzy when you brush it lightly against your skin (in contrast to the sting when it's used not-so-lightly ) I think maybe it's the same idea as wearing lingerie can make us feel sexier.

Anyhow, is anyone else like this? Enamored more by a toy because it LOOKS pretty and/or cute. Or am I just an odd duck?

Views 10217 Comments 31
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 31

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I just found that one too! I just feel like the feathers might be... hard to keep clean.

I also kind of likethis one because purple. I will have to think of ways to dress it up.
  2. Old Comment
    @madl: All serious faces here.
  3. Old Comment
    @kittenlyss: That's a good point. I have learned washability is a key selling point.

@Wardell: Do I need to add something to the wishlist?
    Posted 08-25-2014 at 07:43 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  4. Old Comment
    Oh, look! Options!
  5. Old Comment
    The pirate one made me laugh
    Posted 08-25-2014 at 07:55 PM by naughtylittlegirl naughtylittlegirl is offline
  6. Old Comment
    I kinda want all of them. But they would need their own shelf. And a rubber duck vibrator family is a bit of an extravagant indulgence.