Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Blogs > Oreo and her world of Cream!

Twist'er
Lick'er
Dunk'er

Your favorite Oreo cookie!
Rate this Entry

My Day in London(Good ol'rant!)

Posted 08-01-2008 at 07:17 AM by oreo_is_back

So right.. I went to London yesterday. So i'ma rant about the English ( No offense of course.)
Ok, I have many English friends, some of which are on this site, and some wich arn't. Now the majority of them do take the piss out of Wales(try too), which is fine and all, but shit, it's hypocritical!
Wales, it aint perfect, FAR from perfect, but we take pride in where we live (the majority of us) unlike -some- people.
I was passing some place yesterday, just before I got in to paddington and the flats there were.... Duuuude, I wouldn't let my dog live in them, yet people inhabit these....Things? They were LITERALLY -falling- apart. It was really horrible.
And I thought the worse ends of Cardiff were bad.Not even Cardiff Council would let people stay in them, and our Council is petty lame.
Anyway, on with journe. We were moved FOUR times from different coaches (damn First Great weston) The seats were reserved but someone was sitting in OUR seat! We asked them nicely, but being inconsiderate they said 'Well it says that number on our ticket too!'. Tossers, sould of asked them to show us. Anyway, so after an annoying journey of moving chairs we arrived in Paddington. It was ok, apart from the fact there was scafholding holding the actual station up, isn't England earning enough money to fix their own train station?
Mooooooving on. People outside of England . A random lady came up to me, with a child(about2-3) in a pushchair begging for a pound! I seriously had about 10p on me so I couldn't help her, then half way down the street an old lady(60-70)! She was begging by a phone booth, rocking back and forth.
I think they were palastenian(or however you spell it.)or something.
In Wales we don't have this (We have beggers, but they're Welsh.). Only a few months ago, I think, Bosnians came to the streets of where I live and started begging, this is rare. Rare? It hasn't even happened before! Not where I love! The town centre maybe, but the streets?! Eep! Anyway, it scared me, I had never seen anything like this before in my Life and it sadened me that England allows this. I know, places have people whom are...Not so well off, but there was a whole street of these people, and dude, it just made me thinnk.
ok, on again. The City. We got efin' lost 3-4 times, caught 4 trains, two buses, lulz, I had blisters (wore heals foolishly). The town centre is HUGE, and very much annoying. Got people walking infront of you and you just want to scream 'MOVE!', but you can't,instead smiling politely and moving around the obese woman.
Yet again Cardiff is not like that. It's busy, just not that busy. So you can guess I was impatient and what not.
Then came the paranoia... Lulz! I probably know more people in London then I do in Wales! Every where I looked, I was asking myself 'Do I know you, do you know me? Did I go on cam to you?!' Lulz, made me squirm when people looked back.
Anyway, when to an Irish pub called 'O'neils' which served a lovely steak, if I do say so myself! Might even go there next time! Also stopped off in two other cafe's for a rest.
In all I spent 100 pound on Dior perfume in Harods, one being Poison hypnotic and the other.. Urgh, another Dior. Spent 100 on clothes, got a lovely skirt and top from Jane Noir. Oh! and Jeans and three tops from some other shop. Got three little paddington's for my friends as gifts(6 quid each and not 15cm tall!).
In all we had a restless journey there and back, rude inconsiderate English people on our cases and humid weather, but the day was good and I loved the time I spent with meh daddy!
Oh, and by the way, my fellow English neighbors! I will be returning for a WHOLE weekened soon! So that means, two credit cards! More rants about inconsiderate people and paranoia all around! If you see me, don't make it any worse! Enjoy having some Welsh!

Oreo!
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9036 Comments 23
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 23

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Tad biased methinks

FAT PEOPLE FTW <3

Haha xD
  2. Old Comment
    Lulz! Well.. I'd be the same in America.
    Nah, never seen many...Ahem..Big peple there, only the one in my way. =(
    Updated 08-01-2008 at 07:29 AM by oreo_is_back (WAs meant to be a fullstop,K! KAY! K-A-Y!)
  3. Old Comment
    I can't agree or disagree - only been London once and I was fine xD
  4. Old Comment
    [email protected] says:
    I use to live in south london. I hate the place. I find it hot smelly and no matter what I wear I always return home feeling dirty. <----He lives in England.

I'm from a City, but not a city as big as that. It's stinky! Hmpf!
  5. Old Comment
    Erm, surely that's to do with his body. Weather can't be helped and "smelly" - well it's quite broad. Always returning feeling dirty is nothing to do with location, surely?

xD
  6. Old Comment
    That's true. He's a .....Ahem.. Big lad too? XD BODY ODOUR!
  7. Old Comment
    Haha now let's not get into peoples' private lives xD
  8. Old Comment
    =o Nah. He's cool. I know WAY too much of his private life it's scary. =S I'm a stalker! =(
  9. Old Comment
    =O

STALKER ALERT!

Haha xD
  10. Old Comment
    Wales has the same problem with homeless people, they just have less of them, you ill find them in bus shelters at midnight. London is a very two sided city, sopme bits are spectacular and some are wel.. just crap.

Bristol is better
  11. Old Comment
    Bristol is ok. I will let you off.
  12. Old Comment
    Was it the zoo and clifton or the person you were with that made Bristol good :P

choose your words carefully lol
  13. Old Comment
    LOL... Andom, I read that as "was it you in the zoo?"

I'm so glad I re-read that xD
  14. Old Comment
    I love London. I actually think it is one of the best cities in the world. If you think London smells go to Paris some time.

Again with Paris the homeless situation is disgusting, most of them are menatly or physical disabled and no one can be bothered to look after them so they end up on the streets. Most cities in Italy also have a similar thing as well as the mass street sellers who sell fake LV handbags that are made by children in the third world and sold to turists with the profits going to the gang leaders. This isn't me over reacting, I have been to Italy many times and there are posters up explaining about the bag sellers to try and discourage tourists from buying the goods.

Yes some of the flats are nasty in London but they are actually slowly being cleared and re-built. I go to London frequently, I come in at Charing-X and all of the flats along that line are being re-built and look really good now. And yes we have a lot of homeless in London but we are trying to help the situation and if you don't like it dig into your pocket and give them some change or to a homeless charity.

Like any city there are areas of London that aren't so nice, but it is a fantastic diverse city that if full of great and quirky places and people.

London simply is fantastic. Oh by the way O`Neils isn't a very good chain of pubs go into a proper one next time, who knows you might run into me and sum
  15. Old Comment
    Naw, O'neils is shweet. Well, for relaxing. =D
  16. Old Comment
    It depends where you go, e.g I live in the suburbs and I guess it's like most other towns. But I worked in St Pauls which is pretty much "Central London" and it was quite nice. Last night I had to attend a wedding in Kensington and obviously it being a very posh area, is also very nice.

But then you can go to the likes of Lambeth and it's rather crap but like sugar said, everywhere has crap areas. You can't have the perfect city where everything is nice & posh.

I don't mind London, sometimes I think it's a bit too "quick" and everyone is a in a rush.
  17. Old Comment
    I think I'll visit 10 downing street next time, get a MS picture and edit it some. Then Westminister. Seriously, London is TOO bed. Too much to cover in one day. =(
  18. Old Comment
    Get on the London Eye Fuck Downing Street!
  19. Old Comment
    I agree Oreo. I love Wales so much more than crappy England.

xTrYsTaNx
  20. Old Comment
    London Eye is pretty much next to Downing Street

It's best to start of at Parliament and then keep walking down and you'll see Downing Street and then come up to Trafalgar Square and then if you can be arsed then you walk down the Mall to Buckingham Palace.
  21. Old Comment
    XD I'll get lost again, but this time my dad's misses is going, so we can all get lost together! Going sometime after the 16th! But aye! I wanna go on the London eye, I was going too, but I couldn't find it. I'm shit for directions. And of Course Wales is the best,Trystan! <3
  22. Old Comment
    Oreo... unless you're blind, the London Eye is that massive metal wheel dish thingy slap!bang in the centre of London...

xD
  23. Old Comment
    But I didn't see it! -Whines.- All I seen was cranes,big tall offices, shops, scary people and coffee shops. But no big eye-thing. =( Yup, there is a good reason why I have glasses! =P