Thread: Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2020, 02:12 PM   #12
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Default Let's take a breather, shall we?

I believe most countries which have been hit by COVID19 have been told to bunker down for the next 15-30 days and work from home, don't send kids to school, distance yourselves from other people and just, I guess take a breather.

I have been through two weeks of lonely quarantine, no one was allowed to visit and it was hell because of the sheer boredom I had. I messaged people I hadn't talked to in forever. I tried to liven up the days of people who were having a tough time in the harsh cold world. I learnt that, for all its vices, COVID19 is something we have all needed.

I saw, firsthand, the cons of social media. It's not all bad, it's something we can overcome well and we are trying and striving to do so now. The panic just boiled and overspilled everywhere. Yes, this is scary. Businesses have shut down, TP shortage is everywhere, even in remote countries or countries who have never had a need for TP otherwise, supermarkets are empty.

But... Here are the pros I have seen as well.
I was alone. My first week was shit. I cried a couple of times because I felt so fucking lonely but then realised that it's just cause I am not busy. I built up a routine to stick to while at home and it fucking makes me feel a whole lot more independent now. I called and connected with people I never had the guts to do so with before. I enjoyed just making things with my own hands and tried to learn how to cook. Masterwants here helped me with a couple of recipes, and omg, cheese and shepherd's pie is to die for! Amazing stuff, very filling, not something I would have everyday, but so hearty and warm it was like a hug in every morsel. We are being given a chance to get back to our origins, to reconnect, rejuvenate and get to connect with ourselves and who we are again. We are not mindless robots who go for work, get home, have a cup of Joe and ramen or takeout and go to sleep. We have worries, emotions... We go through shit that we don't take the time to deal with and we are heart and soul human beings.

Take this time as a bounty. You are home. You are getting to work from bed at your own times. You ate getting to cook, or do origami or just catch up on some shows you never have the time for. Let's take this time and heal, as humans, as a community and as a planet.

Let's make COVID19 become less of a pandemic, and more as a blessing we all needed. Christmas might have come early folks.

PS: I am owned and collared! I am all his.

Looking for my likes, check here

Please feel free to drop any question or ask whatever you please in my AMA
SilvertongueLyra is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to SilvertongueLyra for this post: