Thread: Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 05:02 PM   #3
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Default Covid19

The COVID19 is a type of Coronavirus that originated in Wuhan, China. Unless you are super old or have respiratory problems, you have a 0.02% chance of dying from it, even then, your chances of death are 2%, way way way less than Ebola which was at a whopping 50%.

Yes it's scary, but here are ways you can make sure you are safe

1. Wash your hands!
The Coronavirus, much like the common cold and flu, gets into your body via your mucous membranes found in your mouth, eyes and nose. Don't touch your face unless your hands are washed properly. Wash your hands like a surgeon does. Rub some soap over your hands, lather them, scrub the palm and the back of your hand and then scrub between your fingers too, rinse and you are good to go!

2. Get the flu shot!
You can't complain about the COVID19 when you haven't protected yourself from it's cousins Influenza A and B. Flu shots are revamped every year to make sure they can protect you from most flu, and gives your immune system better weapons and training to fight off diseases like COVID19

3. Sneeze or cough in a tissue and dispose of it immediately
If you don't have a tissue available, cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than your fist.

4. Stay home if you are sick
Like the flu, this virus spreads fast unless you are inside a bubble ball. If you are sick with any kind of flu, stay home and have lots of fluids and rest.

5. Stop with the hate
Yes, it originated in China, boohoo. That doesn't mean all Chinese got it via some Chinese passport scheme where anyone holding a Chinese passport gets immediately infected. Anyone and everyone around you is a liability, if we are being Mad Eye Moody like paranoid.
Instead, take the precautions. Take care of your own health and well being by being aware not anxious.

6. Masks are kinda bogus unless you have the virus
Remember mucus holes? Wearing a mask won't protect you if someone with the virus sneezes near you. It's got a lot of places to enter from. The masks are recommended for people who have the virus to decrease the risk of transmission via coughing or sneezing.

7. Take my advice with a grain of salt and read up on the WHO website
Do you really want to be protected? Get the facts straight and know where you stand. The media wants to be clickbait to make sure you click on that article or video. It's bad, but it's not the apocalypse. Read, educate yourself and stay aware.

In the end of this rant/blog... I am under quarantine because I worked with a patient who hadn't taken the precautions before coming to the hospital. My tests are clear, I don't have it, but for the safety of others I have to stay home and get bored out of my mind for 14 days... 12 now...

As long as you are aware, you are safer than 99% of the public. Stay happy and healthy.

PS: I am owned and collared! I am all his.

Looking for my likes, check here

Please feel free to drop any question or ask whatever you please in my AMA
SilvertongueLyra is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 4 users say Thank You to SilvertongueLyra for this post: