Thread: bestiality
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2009, 03:22 AM   #32
RiskyVenture

Send a message via Yahoo to RiskyVenture

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone View Post
Yes lots of people do, the group largely responsible for these ideas is called civilisation or human society.
We're discussing whether it's wrong or not. Not if it's broadly accepted. We both know the answer to that and it's completely irrelevant. If you think it's right to accept intolerance because it's the norm, then I don't see how you're any better than the common Nazi in WW2. And don't even try to evade this point with Godwin's law.

Maybe you should consider if intolerance is the foundation of civilizations or a biproduct.

Personally I measure the advance of a civilization by it's tolerance. Meanwhile you can go worship Taliban and the Third Reich.

Quote:
There are many reasons and arguments of why bestiality or zoophilia are wrong and cause harm. Examples are: Illegal, crimes against nature, animal abuse, cruel, irresponsible, non consent by the animal, immoral, perverse, degrading, disgusting, unhygienic and causing the introduction of diseases.
Not a single valid argument.

It's illegal, in some countries yes, so is it for females to not cover their face in other countries. If you think laws are perfect representations of right and wrong I suggest you move to an ultra Islamic country where the law represents the word of God.

It's a crime against nature, how? Like it's endangering the rain forest and ozone layer?

Animal abuse, cruel and irresponsible, again, how? Cruel means with intent to harm. If that's what bestiality is to you, I think you got it wrong.

As for non consent, that has already been addressed.

Immoral, perverse, degrading and disgusting. Yes, that is after all what makes something wrong. Nothing but Nazi propaganda, literally. This was the excuse to kill millions of Jews, homosexuals and disabled people. But hey, that's what laws, society and culture dictated, so it had to be the right thing to do.

Quote:
We live in a society with rules, laws, morality, ethics, hygiene and standards. Why? Because we are human beings that’s why.

Human beings live by standards that we ourselves determine via reasoned arguments not purely by instinct driven desires. Dogs, sheep, cows and whatever are not concerned about rape, paedophiles, theft, laws, etc. Why because they are animals and they are instinctive.
That's not an argument for or against anything, that's just an observation. You could ban strawberries with that rant. All you're arguing is just public opinion. As if that had anything to do with right or wrong.

Quote:
Bestiality is what it says it is, the lowering of ones self to the level of an animal for the purpose of sexual gratification.
Do you lower yourself to the level of an animal by engaging in any activity with it or is sex the only equalizer? I keep reading about people who are dared to dryhump furnitures and what not, does that mean they lower themselves to the level of, say, a coffee table?

One thing I think we can all agree with you on though is that it is wrong to do something for sexual gratification.

Quote:
Why would you even consider doing that? Its almost as bad as trolling.
Why? Did you read the post you're objecting to? It pretty clearly states that I'm not a zoophile. Why would express your hatred for trolls in the same line that you show complete disregard for what has actually been said. Maybe you're just trying to derail the discussion. I don't know.