Thread: Corona virus
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2020, 06:32 AM   #20
SilvertongueLyra
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runesmith View Post
Especially for the American members:
Your goddamned, idiotic moron-in-chief announced at a press conference yesterday, that Americans who are worried about getting COID-19 should take Hydroxychloroquine.

A lot. You have a lot to lose.

First of all, Hydroxychloroquine is not an anti-viral drug. It's an anti-malarial (and malaria results from a parasite, not a virus), and an immunomodulator. It reduces some types of immune responses, especially the ones involved in auto-immune diseases (where the immune system attacks the body's own tissues).

During SARS-1 in 2004, it was shown anecdotally that some patients with atypical pneumonia responded to corticosteroids, which are blanket immune depressors (the evidence was not statistically significant). It was theorized that selective immune modulators might help in atypical pneumonia. So during SARS-COVID-2 caused by COVID-19 virus, some doctors in Wuhan used Hydroxychloroquin. Again, there is not enough evidence to prove a benefit.

Second, Hydroxychloroquine is harmful. Contrary to what the orange fucktard said, Hydroxychloroquine can kill you. In addition to anti-malarial and immunomodulator effects, it also has a 3rd effect - it's a Class 1a anti-arrhythmic drug, which delays electrical repolarization of the heart muscle after contraction. This means, hydroxychloroquine can cause life-threatening arrhythmias, such as ventricular fibrillation. It can happen out of the blue, with hardly any warning. If you get a v-fib, and there's no one around who can perform CPR (social isolation, remember), and no AED nearby, you are a vegetable in about 8 minutes, and dead in 10. They'll find your cat-eaten remains when this is all over.

Overdoses of Hydroxychloroquine can result in acute heart failure, arrhythmia, convulsions, multi-organ failure... and lots of other unpleasant ways to die.

If you have heart disease and taking medication for that, or have diabetes and taking insulin, or have existing liver damage, taking Hydroxychloroquine can be very dangerous.

TLDR version:
Hydroxychloroquine is dangerous, and does squat to protect you from COVID-19. It's being used experimentally in the treatment of atypical penumonia. Taking this drug can kill you. I leave you with a quote from the orange sociopathic moronoid, who doesn't mind that people will die due to his snake oil:

Translation - "Of course I won't take it. My doctors told me it could kill me. But here's some false hope for you to distract you from my incompetence that turned this pandemic response in to an unmitigated cluster fuck."

I also posted this to my blog, so that more people can see it.
As a person who has covid19 now, please listen to runesmith. The disease is not fun to have even at its mild symptoms stage. What I have learnt in the past days is that I couldn't smell too well in the beginning, still can't actually. I have been feeling really tired a lot and exhausted from the simplest of tasks which wouldn't normally do anything at all. It's not like the flu, don't underestimate it. And please, for god's sake, wear a mask.

Oh and the test is shit, I hated it. Do your best to avoid it, it's as unpleasant as a kancho. (It works, it's just highly unpleasant to have to go through).

Stay at home. Wear a mask. Stay away from people and let your introvert germaphobic Sheldon Coopers out. Please stay safe, don't listen to the insane person who runs your country my dear American friends.

PS: I am owned and collared! I am all his.

Looking for my likes, check here

Please feel free to drop any question or ask whatever you please in my AMA
SilvertongueLyra is offline   Reply With Quote