Thread: New here
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 02:07 AM   #2
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

First of all, welcome to getDare. This is not just a place where prepubescents pretending to be 18 share unrealistic dares (and where others share equally unrealistic and imaginary reports on how they did those dares, often with no understanding of anatomy and physiology) and mostly made up AMA answers, but it is also a venue for discussion.

Everything we experience in our lives leaves an imprint; the more intense the experience, the stronger the imprint. From what you shared, it seems to me that the "tasks" you did as part of TorD games in your teen years left a bigger imprint than you care to admit. As for your friend - if a single task "made him go very shy" it must have been extremely traumatizing. So in that sense, the games you played must have been rather more intense than what the intervening years make them seem.

I have only studied psychology as a stepping stone to a more worthwhile degree, so please take my opinions with a generous helping of NaCl. What I tend to believe is that non-extreme experiences in general do not change social behaviour of people in significant ways unless there was already an underlying personality trait that facilitated it.

So there are some interesting things to consider. For example, were you and your friend the only people who had lasting impact from those days? Did you already have a behaviour trait trending towards excitation from risk even before you started playing TorD?
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Runesmith for this post: