Thread: Ask about Islam
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
Sharp Shooter
getDare Succubus

Send a message via Yahoo to Sharp Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchee View Post
With all due respect, I don't think that Fox News is the most reliable source of information regarding this topic. They are notorious for their hatemongering.
Go to Google. Do a search with these three words: [Christians persecute Muslims] and look at the results. Now swap the order to [Muslims persecute Christians] and look at the results again. Pretty much identical and it is heavily leaning to links about Muslims persecuting Christians, predominantly in the Middle East countries of Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Syria.

Paint it however you want but if you want to die a gruesome death or rot in a prison, be a Muslim who converts to Christianity in the Middle East. By contrast, you could live in Rome and convert to Islam without gaining a death sentence.

This doesn't tell me that Islam is a militant religion. What it does tell me is that a very high profile segment of those who claim to be Muslim believe it is their religious duty to enforce what they believe is the will of Allah. How many are there? Enough to grab headlines but doubtful that they even number a tenth of practicing Muslims. ***

My problem is when the "90%" do too little to stop the known troublemaking faction BEFORE a tragedy is borne. Why is it so necessary for law enforcement and government intelligence to infiltrate a mosque to discover plots before they hatch? If that vast majority of Muslims did more to police their own members, there would be far fewer religious persecutions, murders, acid-assaults, and bombings.

And to preempt, of course Muslims are not the only ones worldwide who commit crimes. But this thread was started to clear up and educate about Islam and its followers. So the topic is Muslims, not everyone else. Please stay on your own topic and not try to toss it off on "the problem is everywhere" because well, it isn't.

The last item is my suggestion to not show your own prejudice too soon. To attack a news source without proof that the story they publish is actually false is a bad tactic. When you look at the Google results, at least eight pages of them, you will find Reuters, the London Telegraph, and a lot more as sources of stories about Muslim persecution of Christians. Because a story is on Fox does NOT make it false or inflammatory by default. In fact, I've seen numerous major stories that broke first on Fox before other mainstream "news" had the balls to cover the story. "Fast and Furious", the ACORN fiasco and the serial murderer Dr. Kermit Gosnell infanticides are all examples. And because you don't like or appreciate the tone of a news story does not qualify a news outlet as "hate mongering", only that you don't like how they present the news.

*** to Pingu: My numbers are simply to illustrate my belief that it is an extreme minority who are the thorn in Islam's side, so to speak. Please accept my exaggeration with no offense intended. Numbers simply help to show "the good guys vastly outnumber the bad guys."

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Ask Me Anything

Mature, dominant Male in search of a very special woman for a very unique journey.
See my GD ad for more information.

Last edited by Sharp Shooter; 05-30-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Sharp Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote