View Single Post
Old 10-12-2023, 02:21 AM   #170
Azyliux
Baby Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterRebus View Post
Looking at the last eight years I spent here at Gd I wonder why the number of people posting and looking for tasks/partners/dares but ignoring all messages or results afterwards is increasing alarmingly. Do they feel important when they post and then lack the courage to follow up?
I think it's a form of trolling. Trolls thrive on the attention they get from minimal effort. A troll can post a single request thread—18F Looking for harsh punishment/master, limits: pics/video—and sit back and laugh at the people investing time and energy in the troll's creation. Perhaps dolling out tiny bits of bait to keep the responses flowing.

I take a kind of games theory approach and try to avoid feeding them. Zero initial investment and see if the person invests anything into the getDare site themselves (blogs, response posts, interaction in games, even a good signature, etc), then I match that investment with a genuine but low effort interaction (a PM dare, some questions on a AMA, or a comment on their blog post), any response at all earns a little more effort from me. I rarely invest much more effort than the other person has already shown they are willing to invest (not necessarily with me, quality interactions with others also count here too); but the more they have shown they will invest the bigger I will return that investment with my own time and energy.

Do I miss out on some valuable interactions because of this approach, probably, but I feel this weeds out a lot of empty time wasting that I once might have once done. And with the right people this creates a positive cycle of increasingly better interactions. A random generic PM dare I sent to a stranger the other day led to exactly this, a quality response and 10 PM's later we had both engaged in some fun and rewarding play.

Azyliux

Loves (giving): Edging & Orgasm Control, Discipline & Punishment, Humiliation, Anal, Bondage, Exposure
Limits: Dangerous/Self-Destructive, Illegal, Disrespect, Dishonesty

Here are my default safeword rules for online play. While I don't have any PM dares, I welcome contact from everyone who wants to PM or contact me on Signal Messenger (username: Azyliux.69).

Owner of zero. Master participating in the Female Slave Market.
Azyliux is offline   Reply With Quote