View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 02:18 AM   #1
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Nuclear Individual language threads

Suddenly, local language threads have started proliferating on GetDare, and in my opinion, this is extremely ill advised. I am a non-native English speaker, but I joined this forum because I can string a few words together adequately in this international language. If I couldn't, or if I wished to stay within my comfort zone, I would have found a similar forum in my native language.

Starting threads for finding people who live in the same country/region is fine, but those dedicated to each language segregate the community, and distracts people. Like it or not, English is the international language, and it brings people together. Yes, people like I make spelling and grammatical mistakes in English - but should we resort to creating threads for every language in the world as a result? What is this - the UN, for crying out loud?

Rant over. Since we all believe in democracy, let's have an EU referendum (that's declaration of civil war, in American terms) - should the local language threads continue, or should they be banned?

Like all EU referenda, this has absolutely no legal validity.
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter

Last edited by Runesmith; 06-26-2016 at 02:23 AM.
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote