getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Truth (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Does your partner know you are on GetDare? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=349548)

lilith_ 08-30-2018 12:54 PM

Does your partner know you are on GetDare?

I've seen quite a lot of people who have vanilla partners but they are still using these forums, so I got a bit curious how many of you there are here. You may vote anonymously and/or explain your situation in the comments :)

Do you feel as if you are doing something wrong? Does the fact that it is a secret turn you on? Would you have an online relationship without your partner knowing?

P.S. this is not meant to judge anyone :)

WedgieGary1996 08-30-2018 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilith_ (Post 3408408)
I've seen quite a lot of people who have vanilla partners but they are still using these forums, so I got a bit curious how many of you there are here. You may vote anonymously and/or explain your situation in the comments :)

Do you feel as if you are doing something wrong? Does the fact that it is a secret turn you on? Would you have an online relationship without your partner knowing?

edit: eh, i meant to do this a poll but I am stupid and I forgot and now I cannot add a poll :(:mad:

Just click thread tools at the top of the page

lilith_ 08-30-2018 01:21 PM

Thank you!!!!! It worked haha

amethyst353 08-30-2018 07:01 PM

I'm currently single, but back in 2011 and 2012 when I was just a lurker here my partner and I would browse GD together to come up with ideas for kinky forfeits and games.

I haven't let any partner know about GD since. Now that I actually post on here instead of browse as a guest, I want to keep this as my space. Not necessarily because I am ashamed, more I just want to be able to open up to them on my terms rather than them being able to read my post history.

Everill 08-30-2018 08:28 PM

Where's the "Forever Alone" option :p

Consensus 08-30-2018 10:10 PM

Yeah, I would tell my partner but they are decidedly not interested in anything approaching anything kinky. Yes, that was deliberately two 'anything's. Telling my partner would likely cause many issues and, as they told me, "what I don't know can't hurt me" and "try harder when lying".

When I joined in 2014 things were pretty rocky on the physical front, we'd managed sex 11 times in the preceding 7 years, and so I was looking out for something that would allow me to 'have a little fun' so to speak. Things are a little different now, we managed sex another 15 times over two years and then we've had a two year drought. At the moment my partner has suggested that sex will never again be on the table.

I'm not looking for a relationship, not yet perhaps(?), but I've found this place can be helpful at times.

Scrap 08-30-2018 10:23 PM

my Lady and I are in the process of parting ways. Things have not been good at home in a long time, and gD was one of my coping mechanisms. She would very much not be happy to know that I'm on here.

I'm not looking for a relationship of any sort at the moment, and probably won't be for some time...

MariaDesigns 08-31-2018 01:35 AM

My husband does not know I explore on GD

Kifla 08-31-2018 03:26 AM

My partner is as mentioned above quite vanilla, and she has troubles to sometimes understand the kink world and why people do such things. Therefore she doesn't know (yet) that I explore here. I like to have an occasional D/s play, but I am not looking to find an online partner. I browse here mainly for ideas, fun talks and discussion on certain topics. Some stuff I even try with my lady home. She is open to try new stuff, but will take time before I tell her about this site. :)

MariaDesigns 08-31-2018 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kifla (Post 3408973)
My partner is as mentioned above quite vanilla, and she has troubles to sometimes understand the kink world and why people do such things. Therefore she doesn't know (yet) that I explore here. I like to have an occasional D/s play, but I am not looking to find an online partner. I browse here mainly for ideas, fun talks and discussion on certain topics. Some stuff I even try with my lady home. She is open to try new stuff, but will take time before I tell her about this site. :)

That was a great explanation; certainly better than my one-line answer. Thanks for sharing. This site is new to me so I too spend much of the time so far exploring with no intention of getting a fixed online partner.

Ana The Sniper 08-31-2018 04:49 AM

My partner knows about the site, and knows I *used* to be on it before we were dating and a bit while we started. I do not think she knows I still use it, or if she suspects I do she doesn't know the extent that I do or any of my information on here.

I have several kinks that I know she would not be ok with however, so I only use this site when she isn't around. I'm not necessarily looking for an online relationship, though I wouldn't mind an anonymous dom situation. If she ever confronted me about any of it I would come clean, or if I thought she would be in an open mindset.

rhode64 08-31-2018 09:56 AM

yes

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilith_ (Post 3408408)

Yes my partner and all my friends know I am on getdare they also know how daring I am .

lilith_ 10-06-2018 07:01 AM

Hello! I just wrote a blog about how to introduce your vanilla partner to BDSM. Please check it out if it interests you

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=88202

Jaro 10-06-2018 11:56 AM

I don't have a partner, but if I did have a partner she should know because she should be kinky like me.

I don't think a relationship with a vanilla partner would work for me.

trying 10-06-2018 12:09 PM

No its a guilty pleasre