PDA

View Full Version : Proof reader advertisements

ace1991
08-04-2010, 12:17 PM
I've seen a lot of stories on here, and some of them have been really great. However, what I find is that some stories have a great plot, good ideas, and pretty good writing as well, but I feel are sometimes let down by small errors through the text which (in my case anyway) distract from the story.

With that in mind, I'd like to set up this thread for advertisements for people either looking for a proof reader, or proof readers who would like to work on stories. As an occasional author myself, I know how it is hard to read through stuff you've already written looking for mistakes. So if someone else can proofread one's work, it means A) they get to see the story before anyone else, and B) the story is better off when it gets published.

So anyone who has a story that needs proof reading, or that wants to proof read, post up here!

ace1991
08-04-2010, 12:19 PM
To start the ball rolling, I'll put myself up.

I'd like to proofread a story, but I don't always have tons of time on my hands, so as long as it isn't pages and pages long, I'll do it :)

PM me if you're interested - I have an email that I can give you through PM.

cara.loverin1989
08-04-2010, 12:35 PM
Writing is a hoby of mine. I am really out of ideas at the moment for anything on here, but would love to be a proof reader if anyone needs one. :) Just let me know!

-Cara

sekai
08-05-2010, 04:26 AM
I like reading stories, it helps me improve my word bank. If no one minds that I'm not a native english user I would like to be a proof reader :)

equilibrium
08-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Are you a proof reader or a beta reader? a proof reader just does basic grammar/spelling, whereas a beta reader checks more. Spelling, Grammar, POV, Flow, Plot, Plot holes, Constistancy (sp?), and can even be used to talk over ideas and stuff.

I wish this community had quality control. :\

good luck on your quest!

j2o_orange2
08-10-2010, 04:05 AM
I could probably do with the help of a proof or beta reader, I have alreaddy started the story in the story section > http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=53639 < as you will find out i still have quite away to go with it, so any help would be apreciated. I am contactable through PM or Email

Many Thanks

J2o_orange2

DHK-eh
09-03-2010, 01:11 PM
I have a story that is just over 16 pages long that I would like someone to proof read (i make many spelling mistakes) Its rather strange, and going to go in the R18: mature section. Pls pm me if you're interested

submissive_puppy
09-10-2010, 04:07 PM
I can be a proof reader for the beginning, then..I can be a beta one:)

henkdejong
09-11-2010, 02:24 AM
I already have proofread a few manga's that are on Mangafox. Because of privacy I can't tell which ones (I like to stay anonymous on this site).

I currently don't have a manga project, so if anyone needs me, I have some spare time. Just PM ^^

I don't do beta-reading, because I always mix up the names of characters :P

keykitty
09-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I already edit a couple of users things, however I'm more than ready to accept more. Makes me a better essay writer to always edit other people's things so please pass them my way.