PDA

View Full Version : Puppy Play 101: The Basics

SlutPuppy
05-30-2018, 07:41 PM
So you fancy yourself a puppy? Are you curious and not really sure what it may or may not involve? Come on down and check out Plut's puppy play basics thread.*

*these are just my opinions. some people have others, keep this in mind.

Puppy Personas:
There are multiple kinds of puppy personas, just like there are many pet personas! There are generally considered 3 main kinds of puppy, but people may be a mix of them or something completely different! It really depends on how each individual pup feels.

The Leather Pup - This is perhaps the one i'm least familiar with, I guess. Leather itself is its own community, which has a long history, a lot of which involves Old Guard style behaviors and such. The leather community is largely made up of gay males, although there are a lot of females that are also part of the leather community.

Leather pups are (usually) gay male puppies, who enjoy wearing leather equipment, hoods, and clothing. I personally also find leather pups to be more masculine and with more of a serious Slave/Master oriented relationship. Once again, this is not always true of every couple!

The Furry- Ah, the furry. Im sure almost everyone who is on the internet knows what a furry is at this point! However, a furry is generally considered a person who enjoys dressing up in fursuits as their animal persona. Some people enjoy having sex in their fursuits and some do not. I find a lot of furries act out their pet persona (fursona?) more time than not, especially online where they have the freedom to do so. Furries can be all different kinds of animals too, not just puppies.

The In-between- This is where I personally see most puppies to be, and what I consider myself to be! Im not 100% leather and not 100% furry, Im in between! I love leather and strictness but also fluffy ears and tails! Sometimes I can easily fall into the puppy mentality without any gear on and sometimes I absolutely need gear on to get that way. Sometimes that might mean my fluffy ears and tail plug, with a pretty pink collar. sometimes it means a spikyy leather collar with a waggy rubber tail and a pair of boots to lick! (who am I kidding, I always want a pair of boots to lick....)

THE GEAR~!

Puppy play gear consists of a lot of different stuff! Some people enjoy wearing/using them, so do not! Puppy gear includes:
Collars
Tails
Ears
Hoods/Masks
Kneepads
Mitts
Chew toys
Leashes
Bowls
Puppy beds
Cages
Harnesses
Jockstraps
Shock Collars
Treats/Puppy food

Each of these things can become their own thread or post on this thread if people are interested in learning more about each!! (or I might just make them anyway :p )

D/S Dynamics & Relationships
A puppy is usually in an Owner/Pet D/S dynamic. This may or may not be 24/7, either with a vanilla relationship as well or a different type of D/s relationship, or both!! Some Owners/pets are just friends, FWB, romantic partners, and some are not romantically or sexually involved.

A lot of pups do not involve sex or sexual situations into their petplay scenes. This is 100% ok! Some have to have sexual situations in their scenes, this is also 100% ok! Some enjoy a mix of the two.

The Breakdown:
So basically, puppy play is a super fun, super amazing kink. Im not the best at explaining things but I hope this gives a small insight to the kink. People can have trouble finding themselves and their personas, and as they discover this I hope they can take away even a small amount from this thread...