View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #195
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consensus View Post
Hello!

A fellow aspie!

She is sad to note that you don't find much of an advantage in it. Mind you, you meet one aspie, you've met one aspie. She has not yet been diagnosed but is on a waiting list and never knew that she might be Aspergic for most of her life, so all of her early years and time in University were spent with much the same issues regarding making conversation and making friends that you describe in a previous post but without ever having a reason. Whilst she very much agrees that ASD is no excuse, it is nevertheless a reason and that should be borne in mind. She didn't even consider Asperger's until in her 30s!

She has but scanned the thread and she feels that you come across as sincere and a decent person. She believes that, perhaps, you are too hard on yourself and notes that you seem to have friends and acquaintances here - which she is equally sure that you are aware of.

She doesn't really have a question, just those observations.

Consider this, however, you will have spent your entire life observing and studying human beings in a way that most people have not. You will therefore be more likely to spot real emotions and real desires, even the ones that people feel they are not broadcasting, in real life. It is possibly from this that the awkwardness springs - you react to things people don't know they're putting out and try to treat others as you yourself would be treated (most people are really poor at this). This is not a failing, but it is incredibly hard to deal with (and why is she telling you this like you don't already know).

Solidarity! *raises clenched fist in salute*

However, this is an AMA thread... so, what's your favourite drink?
Thank you for this I also did not know why I was like this until well into my 30's While I would prefer not to have Asperger's, I am glad that at least there was/is a reason for the way I am, and it's not just that I'm totally abnormal (although I guess I am lol)

As for my favourite drink, this may be a bit boring as I don't drink alcohol, but either Apple & Blackcurrant squash or tea lol

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote