View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #5
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

1. What is your favorite section of the site and why?
I'm gonna cheat with this answer slightly.
The User Control Panel.

The one click shop for tracking all the current threads I am curious about or have posted in recently.

I also use the "unread Posts" search to pick up new and interesting threads, although I do have a tendency to skim read those results.

2. What is your least favorite section of the site?
Probably the 'person above' themes. It's an interesting idea, but due to the lack of control over responses tends to have disappointing results, and few posters seem interested in following up.

'Loser has to' has similar issues, but you have a bit more control over the task you may get there and you get the suspense of not knowing who gets to do it for a while so it works a bit better.

3. Who is/are your favorite blogger(s) on getDare?
I can't really answer this, as I don't really follow the blogs as 'separate' from the main forum. I'll click on them to see if there is new content, but tend to treat it similarly to posts on the main board.

So yes, I will be more interested in posts by people I know - but I don't really have a 'favourite blogger' per se.

4. What is your favorite thread on getDare? (It can be one you like to post in often or just like to read every now and again.)
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=92220

This one. It's an incredibly well written tease task that I find myself giving out time and time again.

5. What do you wish getDare had more of?
Cake?
Teddy bears?

6. What do you wish getDare had less of?
Asshats.

Yes, it's an internet forum and Drooling Hordes, misogynistic wankers etc kinda comes with the territory. But that doesn't justify such behaviour, and it doesn't make abusing female users in the way they frequently are right or acceptable.

7. What sort of features do you wish getDare would add?
I know many people have said "pics please" as the answer to this, but I disagree. I think GD works so well because it's a text based environment, and that moving it to an explicit 18+ picture site would diminish that.

i'd like to be able to 'subscribe' to users as well as forum threads so I can see what my friends are posting more easily, but that's nit picking.

8. Do you visit any profiles on a regular basis? If so, who/why?
Oh hell yeah.

I'll check out the profiles of any new users/posters that look interesting, and I frequently find myself wandering around the profiles of people I can currently chatting with in order to check likes, recent posts, etc.

9. What types of threads keep your interest?
Unsurprisingly, threads by my friends.

But also task threads by active users in general - it's nice to be able to vicariously enjoy other peoples mischief.

10. What do you think should be in peoples signatures?Likes/Dislikes/Etc is very handy.

Otherwise, well, it's up to them - what do they want me to see? PM dares? Blog posts? Active threads? Their favourite cheese?

Something that catches my attention and makes me want to chat to them.

11. Do you get unsolicited pms often?
Nah. I'm a bloke.

12. Do you prefer to get to know people through pm or through other forms of communication? (ex: kik, skype, line, whatsapp.)
Because GD gives me email notification of PMs, here actually works quite well for me. I get the notification, and can check in. It saves me running a Brazilian IM clients.

13. Are you okay with sending photos, videos, or recordings? Why/why not?
I'm kinda contradictory on this one.

I do enjoy looking at pictures of people doing rude things especially for me. That's hot.

But the internet has a very long memory, so I can entirely understand why people are nervous about such things (and I am for similar reasons) so try to be sympathetic if people don't want to.

14. If you keep any portion of your profile private, like your blogs or visitors wall, what’s the reasoning behind it?
The internet has a long memory, and deep pockets. I tend to default to 'readership restricted' rather than 'public domain' for most things.

If it is relevant to you, we've probably spoken and you are probably on the readership list.

15. Do you get creeped out when you see the same few names always popping up in your recent visitors?
Can't say I have actually checked, but nah. I find myself checking people's profiles frequently, so won't be surprised to find people checking mine.

16. If you were able to vote someone in to be a moderator, who would you choose?
Modding is a thankless job that few people appreciate because it mostly happens behind closed doors and it involves a lot of dealing with other people's shit.

I wouldn't volunteer anyone for that who didn't step forwards themselves.

17. What’s one rule you wish getDare would get rid of?
None. I can't say I've noticed anything that struck me as 'that's a silly rule' so I'd say you are good.

18. Whats one rule you wish getDare would enforce more often?
Again, the mod team seem pretty active and efficient at dealing with everything.

A more aggressive stance on general trolling maybe? But that's a really fine like to find and I don't think you are that far off the mark as it is.

19. What do you look for when looking through the s/m advertisements?
Sex, location, common interests, plausibility.

20. In the chat, so you prefer whispers or private chats?
I don't tend to use the Chat. PMs work quite nicely for me.

21. In the blog section, what are your favorite types of blogs to read?
Probably reports, but it's a fine line. A lot of the stuff that ends up in the blogs does tend to be quite well written posts.

22. Would you ever be interested in a group meetup with other members of getDare? If so, what would be your ideal meet up scenario?
I would, and am.

And, err, at least one of them may have recently happened. One of the other members agreed to meet me for a play session, and it was great.

23. What types of request TORD threads keep your interest?
Same as for other threads really.

24. Is there any particular thread you wish more people would comment on? If so, leave a link below! (If you see someone else post a thread, please do a good deed and try to participate there in some way.)
I dunno. My old dusty add maybe? Clearly I need more people to torment.

25. Is there anyone you’ve seen around getDare that you’d like to see more posts/blogs/chat from?
Nah. Yes, there are users I miss. Many of them. But I'm not going to go dragging them back here just because they have moved on.
And it's a similar thing with the currently active users - I'm happy to let them do what interests them, and if it interests me as well - great.

Likes:Enthusiasm, Pain, CBT, Spankings, Humiliation, disgusting, chemical play, sissy, pics(others), (&)
Dislikes: Public, pee, pics(me), anal, (&)
Limits: Stupid, Exposure, Rules, bondage, Long tasks, social suicide, (&)
Bonus features: My rules(#), 'wanted' ad & many questions.
&=More details on Likes/Dislikes etc here
*=Full 'how to' details & rules here

Last edited by silverdarknight; 03-17-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: formatting change for readability.
silverdarknight is online now   Reply With Quote