Thread: Twisted
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 12:10 PM   #1
May

Default Twisted

(Okay, so this is not my first story, but it's the first one I've decided to post for the public! Please tell me what you think!)
*Note: This is NOT TorD related, which is why it is posted in the Lounge, and not in the stories section, but I think it should be a fun read nonetheless!

~1~

The stars are out tonight, and from the sounds in the forest, so is every living thing on the planet. My mind is racing; thoughts are coming and going, but mostly coming. It’s weird, a lot of the thoughts aren’t even mine, but I can’t place where they’re coming from. I don’t take much notice of it. The air smells of pine and mud, which triggers the thought of running. Weird, I hate running.
A branch snaps.
My head turns sharply, eyes wide and searching.
Nothing.
I resume thinking, but not for much longer.

I must have fallen asleep.
The moon is high and full, and the air is damp.
I feel like I’m not alone anymore, someone or something is here with me. It might be an animal, but animals don’t usually give that feeling, do they?
Slowly, quietly, I push myself up. The darkness is blinding, and I can’t see a thing, but I know something is there.
A low growl shatters the silence. My head whips around and my heart races.
Whatever is here, it’s behind me. It was following me, possibly hunting me.
Hunting me?!
My breath catches at the thought. I stumble backwards, but the hunter doesn’t move, doesn’t even make a sound. Seconds drag by, feeling like hours. I don’t know how long I’ve been sitting, just waiting; I’m too busy paying attention to the noises around me.
There is no noise though.
No crickets, no wind, no rustling of leaves. Nothing.
Absolutely nothing. The night is emptier than seems possible. I can only hear breathing, my breathing.
Leaves rustle, something exhales deeply, my body freezes in place and my heart is pounding out of my chest. Crouching down, I prepare myself to run.
Leaves crunch steadily as it walks forward, teasingly slow, as if it’s enjoying my fear. Two ice blue orbs appear at the edge of the clearing as it walks slowly out of the trees, followed by a massive head and tense shoulders. The moonlight glints off its fur, at least I hope it’s fur. If I hadn’t thought I was in such great danger, it would have been beautiful, but at the moment, I’m too scared to even breathe.
It’s huge, bigger than a Great Dane. I’ve never seen a wolf in real life, I have no idea how big they’re supposed to be, but I have the feeling that this one is much bigger than nature originally intended.

}Fiction{ .Angel.
~Fetlife~
~Blog~

I swear we cannot wake up from this hell that we live in.
But when the sun finally hits our face, we see that we were only reflections of reflections left by our predecessors.

This is what it feels like.
This is disintegration.
This is what it feels like.
This is isolation.

[11:58:01] raziel1988: ‹@May› the getdare radio mascot. (unofficially)
May is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to May for this post: