Thread: SM Advice.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
Star Shadows
Prodigy

My submissive does not like pictures to be taken but I do like to change her mind, what way do you think I should approach her?

Find out if it's a hard or soft limit- something she is dead set against or just uncomfortable with.
If it's a hard limit then leave it, do not touch it, don’t try to break it or change it or convince her that she should change it. Just leave well alone and she might change on her own as the trust grows.
If it's a soft limit then the key is to find out how she feels about it in a deal of detail. Then over time, at a pace she is comfortable with, when and if she is comfortable with it begin to ask her to make certain photos of non kink photos, ie hands and feet or clothed photos, things that won’t make her feel pressured or distressed. Begin to work up a little at a time making sure she is always calm and that she feels like she is in control.
As I have said start easy and build up to more drastic things if she feels this is possible. You should discuss the steps with her as to how far you progress at any one time, and where the steps should be set. In situations like this is important that the submissive is the one that is in charge of the speed and direction, able to stop, back track or progress as she feels ready but it is also very important that you also communicate at length with one another.
This method should help a little if not completely as it is not unlike the methods for revering phobias and anxiety disorders in certain psychiatric cares. [See systematic desensitisation and aversion therapy as counter conditioning in the behavioural approach]. It’s just a simpler method of doing it- without the expensive psychiatric costs of seeing a therapist. It should also work with the vast majority of other soft limits.
However it is important to remember that you cannot push her further than she wants to go and that if she cannot get to the stage this is not important and a relationship doesn’t have to centralise around the use of a webcam and some girls are more shy about going on cam than others it may take some time.

Advice provided by Star shadows
Honeyness to follow.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 04-08-2011 at 03:21 PM.