View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 08:19 AM   #34
tallguy2241
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

(part 14)

“Please take a seat,” she said, pointing to a chair in front of her desk, as she took a seat behind it. The name on the desk plate read “Karen St. Clair”.

“Thanks Karen,” I said. “You’re really processing your contestants quickly, I guess. I only called a few days ago.”

“Not really. We’ve had a few people apply for this show from the previous one, and we felt that for the most part they were pretty good contestants, so we’ve been expediting their applications. Your name was on our list, and quite frankly, I was hoping you would call. And now here you are.”

“So what happened with the other show?” I asked.

“We decided the whole format needed some reworking. ‘Take Off” had a good premise, but no real structure, and structure was what we thought it needed. That also allowed us to experiment with some new formats.”

“So I noticed!”

“Maybe we can convince you to try out for one of the other ones as well,” she said with a wink.

“Uh, yeah maybe.”

“Are you still with Michelle?” Karen asked.

“No, not any more. We broke up shortly after the taping.”

“That’s too bad. Might have been fun to have you both on the same show.”

“Yeah, I guess,” I said, but was really thinking, no, I don’t think so!

“Did you know that the girl from your appearance was on this new show? What was her name again? Oh yes, Holly.”

“Oh…really?” I said, with what I hoped was my best poker face. “Did she win?”

“She did. She’s going on to the finals at the end of the season. Maybe with a little luck you’ll see her again.”

That’s what I’m counting on, I thought.
tallguy2241 is offline   Reply With Quote