Thread: Fiction: Aquarius
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 04:03 PM   #25
OwnMe8

Drink

I apologize for how long it's been. University has started back up and I have an obscene amount of writing every week.

VIII

'Why am I here again?'
>>>Ray slid down behind a far wall in the corner of the large pool house. He peared over the stucco, watching a lone figure crouched at the lip of the pool.
>>>Nata looked at his face in the glassy surface with sullen eyes. The water Nata gazed back, assessing him with every thought that crossed his mind. "Where is she?"
>>>Ray sank back behind the cover of the wall. He stared at the ceiling, dim light dancing a balad dreamed by the shimmering pool. His thoughts meandered carelessly.
---"Now, what did you want to tell me?" Nata smiled, water falling from his brown silky hair. His blue eyes sparkled, briliant white teeth flashing.---
>>>Ray sighed, dropping his head back where it met the wall with a dull thud. 'How was I supposed to tell him? He was so happy. And...she's making him happy...'
>>>Nata's ears perked as he heard something slam across the hall. The sound, barely audible, echoed through the silent chilled night air. He stood, walking slowly toward the far end of the room. "Is someone there?"
>>>Ray froze. His lungs clenched. Nata was coming his way. Coming. His. Wa---'shit.' Ray dove from his cover and bolted for the open door a few feet away. Outside, he deigned to wait cautiously, listening for any sign of Nata. Apparently, the shadows had hidden Ray's haphazard escape, as Nata turned around the wall, looked from corner to corner, sighed, and walked slowly back to the water's edge.
>>>Chest heaving, Ray leaned his weight against the outside wall. 'Is she not coming because of me?' His heart tightened with a cold strong fist squeezing it mercilessly. "Why me?" He closed his eyes as the soft words escaped his lips. "Damnit."

The next day found Ray sitting in AP Gov as Nata came across the room and sidled into his chair. Ray, working on a couple hours sleep - the battling tides of his pained emotions kept him awake for most of the night, averted his eyes as his best friend sat next to him.
>>>"You okay?" Nata raised an eyebrow, looking into Ray's eyes.
>>>A cold sweat crawled down the back of Ray's neck. He shifted uncomfortably, eyes darting from Nata to his desk. "I....I'mm....fine."
>>>Nata frowned, eyebrows falling. "What's wrong bro?" His arm fell over Ray's shoulders.
>>>Tensing, Ray returned his wayward eyes to the desk. "It...it's...nothing....really....I'm fine."
>>>Nata hughed, leaning back into his chair. His arm fell.

The class dragged by, as the two closest buds remained in an uncomfortable silence.

Ray sneaked away to the roof of the pool hall during lunch.

"You know, you're not supposed to be up here." Nata smiled as he walked across from the ladder to where Ray sat in the corner.
>>>Ray's mouth grew a desert, his chest constricted by a large boa.
>>>"Are you going to tell me what's wrong?" Nata slid down beside Ray, propping his elbows on tented knees.
"It's---"
"Don't you dare say it's nothing. We haven't been up here since your mom was in the hospital..."
>>>Ray's eyes closed. "It's okay...I'm fine. It's just going to take a while for me to settle things in my head."
"What is it? Tell me."
>>>Ray looked up into Nata's comforting eyes, a pained smile crossing his lips. He managed to whisper "I wish I could."
"Why can't you?"
>>>Ray just shook his head, drawing his knees to his chest. He froze.
>>>Nata's arms wrapped around Ray, enveloping him in a warm embrace. "Ray, it's okay. Whatever it is and even if you can't tell me, I'll be here for you."
>>>His heart yearned. Then, Ray's throat tightened and tears spilled.

They sat there for a while, only small bits of conversation sparking every so often. Nata didn't have a fifth block, and Ray just couldn't bring himself to go down and be the student tutor he was supposed to.
>>>Nata sighed. Ray, for the first time looked to see a pained expression on Nata's face. "Are you okay?"
>>>Nata sifted again. "Do I look okay to you?" He shook his head unceremoniously. "I get stood up yesterday and now my best friend in the world is hurting and he won't even tell me why. How could I be okay?"
>>>Ray's eyes grew. "You got stood up?" Nata nodded slowly, an odd smile pulling at the comers of his mouth. "You're dating? You have a girlfriend?"
>>>A coughed laugh escaped from Nata. He raised his hands. "Kind of.. I don't know....I guess...she's the one who's been helping me with some extra swimming training."
>>>A shot of hurt flashed across Ray's face. Then, it was gone. Everything was gone. Somewhere, deep within himself, Ray had resigned. Nata likes Jessica. He couldn't ever think of Ray that way, and even if he could, would it make Nata as happy as he was yesterday at practice?
"I don't even know what I did. She just didn't show up. No call. Nothing."
>>>Ray's jaw clenched, a knot twisting his stomach. 'Not you...I.' Taking in a deep breath, "you know how I wanted to say something to you yesterday."
>>>Nata nodded, 'what made him bring that up?'
>>>"I wanted to ask if this weekend you wanted to go to the ocean with my me and my dad. We got the boat finished."
>>>Nata looked at Ray in surprise, they had been working on that boat for two years. "It's done?" Ray nodded. "Awesome. Sounds like fun."
>>>Ray smiled, though he was far from happy. 'I'll invite her.'

***looking for a man to be my keyholder***

Stories:
College Roommates (unfinished)
Aquarius (unfinished)
While He's Away (unfinished)
A New Friend

Likes: edging, being controlled, cbt, denial, serving, watersports, anal, underwear

Toys: acryllic ball press. Ace plug. Dildo. Cb6000
OwnMe8 is offline   Reply With Quote