View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Welcome to the grand unveiling of the first of a new series of competition titles!
And your title is...
*drum rolll*

Dilapidated.

Just because something is past its best, does not mean to say that it is no longer beautiful or worth photographing. Go out and find a dilapidated building, factory or whatever takes your fancy and make it beautiful again with just the use of your camera.... Just like this old damaged fence and sign. The damage gives these photos charm and interest- exploit this.

Let your imaginations run free here.
Open yourself up to embrace what others have neglected

What I will be looking for
A feel of the dilapidated nature of the location. Do not try and gloss over it to the extent in which it is not noticeable
A strong use of colour and lighting. Understand where it may be better for colour, and where black and white may be more appropriate, and in the same way understand some photos suit stong light while others work better with the minimum possible.
A beautiful photograph with an appropriate use of focus.

To recap!
Point system
Initial posting of photograph = +4 points.
Explanation as to why you took it = + 2 points
The two runners up per week = +5 points
The winner of each week = +10 points
Bonus points for inventiveness/ originality and other bonus worthy things =+2 points.
Consistent entry: point per week you enter (like a combo) these could build up = +1 point
Any breaking of the rules = -10 points, and moderator intervention if necessary.

All points will go onto a database that can be viewed using this link and I will post a run down of every one's scores at the end of the two week time period for each entry.

Rules:
1. Under NO circumstances will +18 images be considered for this competition. This site is still largely a PG13 community and as such the photographs entered must reflect this. Naked people etc will not be tolerated.
2. All photos must be placed in this thread to be considered.
3. You have 2 weeks to submit your photograph for each title, after this time your entrance wont be counted.
4. While my decision is the final one feel free to comment on how you feel scoring should go... saying you think you should win wont go far though.
5. Photos all should be your own work taken on a camera. Using a search engine to find one kinda defeats the point a little. I reserve the right to check the sourcing of suspicious images.
6. Photo-editing is supported and accepted within the competition.I personally would recommend www.pixlr.com if you do not own an editing software.
7. One entry per fortnight/title. If more than one photograph is entered only the first will be judged, without consideration of the latter.

Breaking of the rules will not be tolerated. If you are seen to be breaking the rules appropriate action will be taken. Points may be docked and in sever cases disqualification may occur, moderators informed, photos will be deleted and accounts banned. This may seem strict but this thread also has to conform to site rules and regulations.

So just again for you all... this fortnight’s title is “dilapidated”, you have two weeks to take a photograph relating to this, and post it here (with an explanation for bonus points) This fortnights title will be closed on Friday the 15th July at 10 PM GMT. Beyond this point no further entries will be accepted, even if they are posted on the tread and are super awesome.

good luck and happy snapping
xx Star shadows.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE

Last edited by Star Shadows; 07-04-2011 at 10:38 AM.
Star Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote