Thread: Fiction: Gameshow 3
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2020, 03:32 PM   #39
tallguy2241
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

(part 28)

“Where he hell are we?” asked Kyla.

“You may have just answered your own question,” I said.

“Somebody knows his Dante,” Karen said as she pushed her way to the front of the group. “Our latest….game is based on Dante’s Divine Comedy….or at least the first part. Welcome to Hell.”

“So, what, lots of games dealing with fire?” Vi asked.

“Oh no,” Karen answered. “There’s much more to Hell than fire and brimstone. According to Dante, there were many different levels and punishments in Hell. Rob, does your knowledge of Dante include how many levels?”

All eyes went to me. I had not actually read Dante, but I had read a more modern retelling of the story, “Inferno”, by Larry Niven. “Nine, I believe.”

“That’s right, plus an outer level and some of the levels were divided up,” Karen said.

At this time, a large number of studio workers came up behind our group, carrying what seemed to be white strip of plastic of different lengths. Michelle was among them. “Please spread out a little bit,” Karen said. We did.

The workers proceeded to wrap one strip around our right wrists, and a longer one around our necks. Michelle was the one putting them on me. As she finished putting on the collar…with an ominous sounding “click”, she leaned in close, to give me a good luck kiss to the cheek, but also whispered in my ear, “Rob….be careful.” As she pulled away, I saw a look of worry in her eyes.
tallguy2241 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to tallguy2241 for this post: