View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 09:32 AM   #6
RubinPhoxx

Information Personal Information, and more

I agree with you sallygirl,

I am very concerned about the amount of information I have seen posted by people, and not only direct information, but access to information via open computer access using Teamviewer or AnyDesk.

This is the area I am most familiar with, so I will only focus on the dangers of granting someone remote control of your PC, and someone else will have to speak up for Dare related exposure...

Now, I imagine this is the point where you say "But, you have a whole blog post on Anydesk and giving control", and yes, I do. But, I don't give everyone that pops up trying to log in access. First, and Most important is a conversation.
Don't EVER let someone blindly take control of your computer. Say Hi, or Hello first and do not let them in if they cannot reply to you.
1. They are likely using a phone or small device that isn't easy to type with. If this is the case, then what are they going to do on your computer. I had one person that had a problem with the pointer in that it was "right click-locked" and dragging icons around etc. I stopped that connection because they would have moved files/directories all over the place...
2. Make sure you have an idea of what a person plans to do with you. If they can't talk to you, then assume the worst case, and deny them access.

The second thing about me and any access I allow is that I know what I am doing, and I am very prepared for anything that could/may go wrong. I have 20+ years of computer knowledge and education/experience. This sadly is not the case for most people offering their computer without any hesitation.

Everyone gives up access for their own reasons, but whatever those are, there are many reasons why someone would make the connection and take control of that computer. For example, one MAJOR point of interest (If I was trying to Blackmail someone) is passwords and logins to sites. I won't say how I'd get that info because I don't want to give ideas, just know it's possible to lose it all in one fell swoop!

I'll wrap up with this point: Know who you are giving access to ALL THE TIME! If you have a gut feeling about something, then LISTEN to it, it is most likely telling you something for a reason.

If someone is overly aggressive with you, pressuring you into giving them info, DO NOT. Never be pushed into revealing yourself, or making regrettable choices. When someone wants to get into your computer more than you want to have them take over, then ACCESS DENIED.

Here is one I had try, and I did investigate this and found his location/routing path, and ISP, etc..
AnyDesk popped up with this warning screen, and I knew this was a Scammer trying to gain access from the log files and from YouTube videos "ScammersRevolt" where scammers are baited and destroyed. This connection is from a member here, master_horny. I traced it to him via his messages on my profile wall (reported and deleted) compared with the Anydesk Log/Trace files.

Phew... enough, I've said lot so far and should stop here. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns about anything. I considering cybersecurity to be very important and I get very deeply involved if I think someone is trying to wrong me, or anyone else.

Let me know if anyone would like me to make a more official blog post on this topic, and I will do that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	9130   Click image for larger version

Name:	sample.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	9131  

PM Dares
More PM Dares