View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #4
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

As i was saying in the chat -

GD is one of the few places where people age 13 and up who are CURIOUS can go and LEARN with relatively little risk of running into creeps.
Break away the S/M section entirely and GD will die with it, while KT will become Yet Another Ad Site.

The intermix of young users and older, more experienced, is part of what makes this site so successful as opposed to Kinktalk's more rigorous 18+ only ruleset.

Yes, i feel that posting and reading in the ad section and in the ad section alone should be made impossible for users below eighteen, by simply dissallowing access to anyone below that age.

A turing test of maturity, perhaps, notwithstanding.

But the curious should be allowed to learn, to ask their questions and have their debates, regardless of age or status - if only because each and every kid we teach to recognise and stay away from creeps, is worth it.

By giving children a place to ask questions, we give them a place where they can find answers - without heading to the shadier pastures of the internet in order to find 'people' willing to give them these answers... At a price.

My own daughter Tinka wants to join GetDare in roughly 8 months - not because of the truth-or-dare games - she couldn't care less - but because she feels that GetDare is a viable place for her to have discussions about things she's curious, or anxious about, a place where people won't be as prejudiced against her for her age and where she can be at her own level of intelligence...

And yes, she could learn a lot from me and me alone. The point here being that there are quite a few questions she is, and simply put will always be too embarassed to ask her old man.

Yes, children her age can struggle with their sexuality and kink-curiosity. Are you seriously telling me that you wish to remove one of the last venues - as far as i'm aware - where these people can find themselves answers they so desperately need?

Bad move, in my opinion.

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Anjelen is offline   Reply With Quote