View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 10:31 AM   #14
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Alexis View Post
To be honest, I never thought about using a different persona for work. Maybe I could pretent to be a particular movie character or something. If I have multiple... would that make me crazy??
No. It wouldn't. Most people have different personas or masks that we wear, like MarvHarvey explained. However, a work persona will not make you like a job that you hate.

You have a degree. That's what matters. What doesn't really matter is what you majored in. You don't HAVE to get a job that your degree dictates. Apply for the job that you want. Tell the hiring manager that, yes, you have a degree in ABC, but you want this particular job because this is what you are passionate about, and that you will do what it takes to excel at it. The fact that you stuck with it to get a degree in a subject that doesn't even interest you is proof of your tenacity and persistence.

Mostly, when I hire people in to my team, I look at how motivated and passionate they are about the job, more than their academic qualifications. I mean, let's face it - we take decisions about our future education at an age where we don't even know where to find the clit. Many people feel trapped in degrees and jobs they thought were what they wanted, but turned out to be boring, stressful, or unfulfilling.

Don't let your degree hold you back. Apply for the kind of job you will be happy in. You will be rejected many times, but if you persist, you will find the kind of manager that thinks out of the box. That's the kind of manager that you want to work for, anyway... like the guy who initially hired me. Yes, I am in a field that is not directly related to the post-grad I spent 8 years of my life, and it has worked out pretty well for me. And I am not the only one. For example, during a recent business trip I had a one night stand with a girl who graduated in chemistry, did a post-grad in soil analysis, and now works in real-estate sales. And an orange-coloured real-estate salesman turned reality TV personality (who probably bought his degree), is the president of the world's largest banana republic.

Morale of the story - you have the tools you need. Go out and get your dream job!
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Runesmith for this post: