View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 12:00 PM   #187
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvHarvey View Post
<Quoted almost all that post because I think it matters.>

Have you ever looked at this as an advantage: you don't get distracted by small talk about nothingness?

And do you find you do much better when there is context to the discussion? For example do you find chatter about some new TV show difficult to get into whereas a discussion about something, like going for a weekend kayaking or surfing, and taking lessons, and so on, it is much easier to be fully involved?

Maybe you can see yourself as others see you: someone who uses two ears more than one mouth, (very old joke) and who makes rare but witty or intelligent contributions?
I really can't see much advantage in it, okay some people may talk too much, but that's far better than barely being able to communicate socially at all.

Yes, I'm a bit better with a more specific subject rather than just general chat, but even then I find it very hard work to keep up for very long.

And thanks, but even if that was true, I'd much prefer not to be the way I am. I actually talk to less people and am even less communicative (socially) in person than I do/am online.

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote