Thread: Isabel's Phone
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 06:09 PM   #5
MasterMike0117

Default Chapter 3: Grannycakes

“Good,” Isabel's new owner replied, “Let me assure you that I always take good care of my property. The flip side is, of course, that I tolerate no disobedience. Put your phone on speaker-phone, and place it on the table in front of you.”

Isabel could barely keep her hand from shaking with nervous excitement. She started to hate how this man spoke so calmly and slowly, she wanted to get right into it now that she'd committed herself. She wasn't as afraid of him as she had been, she could always hang up and not answer, get a new phone number. Now she was more afraid of herself, and what she might do.

When she had turned the speaker-phone feature on and placed it on the table, he continued without any prompting from her.

“Good, now before we continue, I'm going to give you a safe-word. You need but speak this word, and your orders are nullified and you are free until you are ready to continue, by speaking the other word, perhaps we shall call it a “danger-word”. Be warned, do not overuse it if not necessary. If I find you are not up to this challenge, I will leave you to your dreary life. Your safe-word is 'Grannycakes'. Say it.”

“Grannycakes?” She said back. She didn't know what those were, but assumed he wanted something that wouldn't be mistaken or accidentally spoken, “And the danger-word?” She knew she'd be grateful for all of this talk later, but right now she just wanted to be ordered. It was accurate what he'd said, she did secretly fantasize about it, and now that she was about to be able to live it could barely wait. She only hoped that she wouldn't do something rash that she'd later regret.

“Riding Wild Horses,” He said, “Its more of a phrase, if you'll forgive me for it. Remember those two words, for those are your only means of control left. Now, as you've said the safe-word, you are free until you speak the danger-phrase. I would ask you take some time to consider everything. When you are ready to continue, you know what to do. Until then, you may ask one question, if you like.”

Which question to ask was a hard decision. Isabel had so many, and picking just one...

“How do I get in touch with you,” She asked. The other questions she had seemed like she'd find out the answer soon enough, or he wouldn't answer anyway.

“You do not. I call you, that is the only direction in which this runs. This may change in the future, but for now you have no control over this,” And then he was silent.

Isabel thought everything over, or at least tried. In honesty, her mind was racing in too many directions to accomplish any real thinking. Maybe tonight after she went to bed, until then, time to dive in.

“Riding wild horses,” She whispered to the phone.
MasterMike0117 is offline   Reply With Quote