getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Lounge (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why do males fake being a female sub? (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=201216)

itslate 11-28-2014 06:29 AM

Why do males fake being a female sub?

Hey there.

So I recently (about a week ago) started a new D/s chat-relationship. It went pretty great. There were some things I found a bit odd, like how she wanted to get right into dares and not talk about personal stuff really. But people are different, so I wasn't too sceptical at first. And lets face it, there are far less female subs than male subs around, so one has to grasp at every straw, right?

I got more sceptical when she sent me pictures of three different suitcases of hers, that I figured after careful observation were actually from the same one (long story) and a pic of "her" hand, before I could give instructions for holding a note or whatever. I then demanded another pic. And after A LOT of back and forth, she sent me a pic as requested, but with different, male hands holding the note :p

I am NOT going to out him, because I don't make a habit out of making enemies. Plus, he can just make a new fake account and he didn't want to harm me in any way, as far as I can tell.

The thing is, why do this? Why not just post an add looking for a male-male roleplay, wherein one plays a female submissive? I'm pretty sure you might find people for that, there are loads of male masters around here.
Was he maybe trying to steal my dares and rules? I don't think he actually submitted to me, because most stuff (like clothes control) was just impossible for him to do. He was pretty smart with a good backstory and some argumentative skills, so I think it was all a mental exercise.

And also, how high would you guys guess is the quota for fakes among female accounts on this site or others?

tl,dr: Demand picture proof of your female subs.

Ly Ph 11-28-2014 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itslate (Post 1574410)
tl,dr: Demand picture proof of your female subs.

Same goes for dommes. I actually think I got more fake male responses to my ads in the past than females. Personally I go for the very short audio chat on say skype. Its hard to fake and I only get them to talk to me for a few seconds.

Perhaps a sub would fake it just to get some one to play with them and a dom just to get one over some one for a joke. I would be interested to hear from some one who has faked it in the past and there reasons why.

itslate 11-28-2014 09:08 AM

Yeah, female doms as well. Maybe everyone who claims to be female :)

Yeah I would like a faker to talk here, too. You could make a new account if you wanted. It's just that I really don't get what is in it for you, if you know the relationship is doomed to fail. Certainly it's not just being evil? People have reasons.

jlstockton25 11-28-2014 09:37 AM

I don't think anyone pretends to be female with malicious intent. I think a lot of it is just boredom, they want companionship and know they won't get it if they're a male. It's not just gender that gets lied about here, a lot of times it's age or marital status too. I think it all boils down to wanting to be accepted, and "becoming" what they perceive to be desirable. It's harder for a married fifty year old male to find someone to play with, so they pretend to be a twenty something female to get people to talk to them. It's sad, but true.

mikel5 11-28-2014 09:41 AM

it depends on motive

ive even had someone pretend to be domme but was actually a guy who wanted to blackmail me

Iodine 11-28-2014 09:52 AM

Logically speaking, if you are looking for a short term fling or one off thing just to get your rocks off and you don't give a damn about the other person, its easier to get what you want by pretending to be a girl. Thats why I think they do it anyway.

I find it insulting as all hell when I find out someone pretends to be what they are not, hell ive even had the same person play me using two accounts before, so im sorry to hear that its happened to you.

And on your last question, Id guess most of the lower post girls here are actually guys in disguise.

itslate 11-28-2014 10:49 AM

With this guy, he did quite a bit of work. He made this second picture and all. I think he really wanted a longer relationship. And that's actually quite sad :(

I don't think he wanted to blackmail me, but you can never be sure.

realwing 11-28-2014 11:08 AM

People notice things that are in short supply and greatly sought after, such as female subs, and latch on to that thing so they can be a more important person or have a more notable object that others. It's a natural instinct, to feel important.

I don't think people would think "I want to be important", it's something controlled by the subconcious. It's also awkward to talk about because it's a sort of paradox, as me telling you this is me also trying to feel important.

itslate 11-28-2014 01:27 PM

Another thing, going vice versa:

Is there any legitimate argument for a person NOT to send one proof picture if the relationship is intended to go longer? I feel like a pic of a hand holding a note is pretty safe for both parties.

Asteroth 11-28-2014 02:13 PM

Welcome to the Internet, where man are man, women are men and little girls are FBI agents

Jah Brother 11-28-2014 03:38 PM

I think they do it because they think it's easier to find a match. But if you put some effort in it in a non-creepy/spamming way you'll find someone anyway to who you don't have to lie.

Sapphire 11-28-2014 04:52 PM

I honestly think they don't realize that it hurts you. They are more concerned to get the attention they desire. Its selfish , but they don't intend to upset anyone.

I think it is as hard for them to find what they are looking for as it is for you, they are just a tad bit more desperate and definitely less respectful of others.

itslate 11-28-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sapphire (Post 1575007)
I honestly think they don't realize that it hurts you. They are more concerned to get the attention they desire. Its selfish , but they don't intend to upset anyone.

I think it is as hard for them to find what they are looking for as it is for you, they are just a tad bit more desperate and definitely less respectful of others.

I'm glad he didn't hurt me. If I had found out way later, he most definetly would have, but I demanded proof before things got too deep.

But it's really nice to see some lovely, honest girls on this site like yourself. Helps to not lose hope :)

LitDarkness 11-28-2014 09:37 PM

I wouldn't know but my two cents are:
Being a girl makes finding Doms, subs,switches, easier. You only get asked to be one every hour. Being female makes it easier, to find someone. I don't think it's to hurt anyone I just think its desperate guys, who have all but gave up hope in finding one.

Oh and whoever mentioned giving a pic. I know holding a piece of paper out with words written on it, would be nearly unable to identify you. But I wouldn't give a picture of that imeaditly. For the reasons that once most guys gets pictures they want more and pester you for them constantly. I will however give pictures after a certain point of trust, which takes a while.

Now to hope my pm box doesn't overflow with picture requests.

lola.fox 11-28-2014 10:11 PM

i agree with most of the people on here.. some people are just lonely and don't know how to meet others by being themselves which is a shame. hopefully those with malicious intent aren't easy to find though! as for the picture.. i agree with the above ^ once some people on this site find out you'll send photos, the messages are endless. although honestly.. i wouldn't send a simple 'this is me' photo in the future until i felt ready because i don't really care if people don't believe i am who i say i am :rolleyes: