getDare Truth or Dare

getDare Truth or Dare (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/index.php)
-   Dares (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The RandomDarer - news and updates thread (https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=285850)

Jaro 12-15-2016 10:47 PM

The RandomDarer - news and updates thread

I hope I can make a thread like this here but I want to have a separate thread in which I can post news, updates and announcements about The RandomDarer program.

Just to make them more viable and keeping the original thread uncluttered and only for join (or leave) requests.

Whenever this thread is on top, it usually means I have something to say about the program itself, whether its an update, announcement or request.

So if you're playing, please check these posts regularly.

Jaro 12-15-2016 10:54 PM

Active player confirmation

First important request:

To everybody who is still in this and wants to continue playing: please send me a confirmation of your involvement via PM.

You have 48 hours to do this since the time of this post. Anybody who has not messaged me after 48 hours will be removed from the program.
But if I remove you, you can always request to join again either via this thread, or via PM.

I will message the people who I remove individually to give them a change to confirm in case they missed this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Jaro 12-16-2016 11:07 PM

Currently there is an error in The RandomDarer. When you open it it says, 'there is nothing here yet'.
Some problem with the server on which it is hosted so I need to look into it.

ALSO: Please still send me a pm telling me you are still playing.

Jaro 12-17-2016 03:30 PM

As some of you must have noticed already, The RandomDarer is working again! There were server problems before (yes I'm using a free server, I probably shouldn't).

Also a friendly reminder to those who haven't done so already: please send me a pm to inform me you are still playing. If not I will remove you from the program as a cleanup action for inactive players. I will tell you you have been removed via pm so you can always reply saying you want back in.

And also: please subscribe to this thread. I will be making announcements here instead of in the other thread - that will only be used for join and leave requests.

Thank you!

Jaro 12-18-2016 12:37 AM

14 out of the 59 players have confirmed they are still playing. I will extend the time to confirm with another 24 hours. After that I will remove the people who have not confirmed.

Thank you!

Jaro 12-18-2016 02:41 PM

Unfortunately, the server on which the program runs is again having problems so it is currently not working.

I think I have to start looking for a different server because this one is too unreliable. Is anybody has any suggestions, please let me know!

Jaro 12-19-2016 01:33 AM

The RandomDarer is currently working again!

I just removed everybody who hasn't responded to my 'still playing' request, thus bringing the list of players down to only 18.
You can see the current list here: http://mickjaro.000webhostapp.com/statistics.php

I am messaging everybody who has been removed but some cannot even me messaged and getDare only allows me to send 25 messages in an hour.

If you don't see your name on the list, want to stay in, and know you can commit to logging in at least every 2 days (more is preferred) to follow up on sending out dares, please let me know!

Thank you very much!

Jaro 12-19-2016 03:42 AM

Program update!!

Big news today!

I made an extensive program update. Now, the random selection of the next player to dare works a bit differently, based on the following priorities:
  • Players who have been dared already in the last 36 hours have a 5% chance of being selected.
  • Players who have been dared before that have a 35% chance of being selected.
  • Players who are new and have never been dared before have a 60% chance of being selected.

This way, all will hopefully be a bit more fair giving a reasonable chance for everybody to receive more dares.

Jaro 12-20-2016 12:23 AM

I hope everybody playing has subscribed to this thread by now.

The new changes seem to be working out quite alright. As you can see in the statistics, it's going strong again now and people who have been recently dared are less likely to be dared again within 36 hours, thus giving others a chance too.

Thank you for playing, and stay tuned for future updates!

And also: please remember to request me to remove you if you are taking a break for a few days (because of other obligation/travel/etc.)

MarvHarvey 12-21-2016 07:00 AM

It is only giving one person now, not two as before?

And, I got the person who dared me - from the link they sent. This feels odd - but I will send a dare anyway!

Jaro 12-21-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarvHarvey (Post 2574666)
It is only giving one person now, not two as before?

Depending on how many dares have recently been given the link will give either 1 or 2 people so that is as intended.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarvHarvey (Post 2574666)
And, I got the person who dared me - from the link they sent. This feels odd - but I will send a dare anyway!

The selection is random so this could definitely happen in which case yes, you should dare him back.

Jaro 12-23-2016 10:44 PM

I can see in the statistics that dares are given at a steady pace. If you see that dares given (almost) equals or surpasses dares expected, that's a good sign.

People should be getting dares more often and more regularly now.

Thank you for playing!

Jaro 12-29-2016 09:25 PM

Some of you have noticed that The RandomDarer is often not working. It is not available or you get a message like "there is nothing here yet".

This is due to server problems. The server where it is hosted is free and very unreliable.
I am looking for a different server to host this on. Until then, whenever you see that it is not working, please just wait and check back later. Eventually it will work again.

Happy daring!

Kepkep 12-30-2016 12:01 AM

Can I join?

Limits- public, anal
Like, tease, nipple play, denial

badgirlisme 12-30-2016 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kepkep (Post 2590134)
Can I join?

Limits- public, anal
Like, tease, nipple play, denial

reply to join this game here

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=281393

Jaro 01-03-2017 11:06 AM

@badgirlisme - Please note that your inbox is currently full and thus people cannot dare you.
If you want to keep getting dares, please clear your inbox.
And of course this applies to anybody else with a full inbox as well. So keep an eye on that.

Thank you

Zenitech 01-07-2017 11:58 AM

@dashek has the same problem, his inbox is full therefore I couldn't send him any PM dare.

Jaro 01-07-2017 11:33 PM

Please just skip whenever somebody's inbox is full.

Guys, please clean your inbox.

Jaro 01-14-2017 05:20 AM

Frequently new players are joining this game. This is fine of course, the more the merrier.

But I would like to repeat that joining the game means you commit yourself to reading your messages and GIVING out dares as much as receiving them. It requires you to be active on this site at least every 2-3 days, but preferably daily.

As experience has shown, many who have joined initially aren't really so active and this means the game will stall if these people get dares.

Thus, every once in a while I will ask in this thread to confirm your activity via PM to me. After 72 hours I will remove everybody from the game who as not confirmed. After that, you can still ask to be added again and I will add you, as long as you promise to still commit to playing.

Also, if you know up front you won't be able to log in for more than 3 days, please let me know and I will remove you until you can again.

Thank you for understanding!

NOTE: I am not asking you to confirm now. I will however in the near future.

Jaro 01-21-2017 01:02 AM

I posted a blog about this game.

If you are playing, please read it and please tell me your thoughts.
I feel their are issues with the game that need fixing but I do need your input for that.

Thank you.

Jaro 02-03-2017 12:06 PM

Important announcements!

Two important announcements to those playing The RandomDarer and still following this thread:

1. I will no longer just add everybody who asks to join. I will think of a new kind of screening process but for now adding new players is on hold.

2. Please let me know via pm within the next 72 hours that you are still actively playing. Meaning you login at least every 2-3 days and follow up on pm messages.

Those who don't respond I will preemptively remove from the game.

Thank you for understanding.

Jaro 02-03-2017 11:15 PM

Friendly little reminder bump. Please let me know via pm that you are still actively playing.
After that I will be implementing a new screening process for new people joining.
Thank you!

Jaro 02-04-2017 08:46 PM

Many of you have let me know you are still playing. Thank you.
But many still have not. Please send me a message confirming your active involvement. Thank you.

Jaro 02-05-2017 09:20 PM

Please let me know if you are still playing in The Random Darer.
Last day to let me know.
Thank you.

MarvHarvey 02-05-2017 09:22 PM

Can't be many left, is it efficient to just pm them?

Jaro 02-07-2017 11:43 AM

I now removed all the players that have not reacted to my earlier request, also not via direct message.

Here is the revised list of members.
http://mickjaro.000webhostapp.com/statistics.php

If you feel you should really be re-added, let me know!

I will be writing a blog with new and revised rules for joining soon.

Stay tuned, and thank you!

b69 02-09-2017 03:31 PM

May I Join

If possible, may I join the game? I do log in pretty much daily except on the weekends.

Jaro 02-11-2017 01:21 PM

I have decided to be more strict in deciding who can join The RandomDarer. No longer can just anybody join. I'm sorry if this feels discriminating, but I needed to take measures in keeping this an active and fun game for everybody playing.

Please see my blog post with the new rules.

Thank you!

Heswitch 02-14-2017 02:24 PM

random dare link failed

i can't get the link to load for the randomizer

subScoot 02-14-2017 06:48 PM

same here ... so likely the problem is at the randomizer end

Jaro 02-14-2017 09:27 PM

The RandomDarer is often down.
I know the problem, it's because of the server on which it runs, which is pretty crappy.
Please be patient and just try again later: it will work again.

I hope I can move it to a better server sometime soon.

Jaro 04-10-2017 11:24 AM

Looking at the statistics, activity has been lacking in this game lately.

If you are still an active player, please confirm your involvement to me via pm.
And if you have any issues, or would like to leave the game, please do let me know as well.

Thank you!

Jaro 04-12-2017 09:38 AM

I have not heard back from everybody yet.
Please tell me if you are still actively playing in this game.

Thank you!

MarvHarvey 04-12-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaroface (Post 2741045)
Looking at the statistics, activity has been lacking in this game lately.

If you are still an active player, please confirm your involvement to me via pm.
And if you have any issues, or would like to leave the game, please do let me know as well.

Thank you!

A day ago my name was in the list as having been generated, but whoever got it did not send a dare, and its gone now as others have come up. That is the core problem of people not following through.

Jaro 04-12-2017 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarvHarvey (Post 2743853)
A day ago my name was in the list as having been generated, but whoever got it did not send a dare, and its gone now as others have come up. That is the core problem of people not following through.

Yes that is a problem. I have seen it happen for myself too. It might be simply that they are away for a couple of days, but if they do they should inform me that they are on leave and I will (temporarily) remove them.

Besides every once in a while removing people who do not confirm their activity, there is really nothing I can do about it.

Jaro 04-14-2017 10:40 AM

More than half of the 24 people who are still playing have not responded.
Please tell me via pm that you are still playing. Thank you!

Jaro 04-21-2017 08:52 PM

I removed all the players from the game who have not responded to me after repeated requests in this thread. I also sent them a dare directly via pm a week ago and they have not responded to that either.

The list of active players is very small now.
Please check here:

So now I am looking for a few new players. But only players who can prove that they are serious will be considered.

Please check the rules for joining here.

Request to the active players: if you know anybody who you can recommend to be added, let me know.

Jaro 04-22-2017 08:23 PM

Two new players have now been added to the game.

Welcome bithug and qmu!

See the updated list at:

Jaro 05-02-2017 10:10 AM

I am still looking for new players.

If you want to play, please check the rules for joining and apply.

If you know somebody who would be a good addition to this game, please redirect him or her this blog post as well.

Just to be clear: this is not an elite game, anybody can join. All I ask is that you first prove that you are serious in playing.

Thank you!

Jaro 06-14-2017 09:01 PM

The RandomDarer needs new players.

Please let me know if you are interested and check the rules for joining here.